X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GvdM
    replied
    37-marker I haplotype for Benelux Region

Benelux Region 37-marker I Haplotype (as always, subject to change)

385 a
    386 b
    389-1
    389-2
    459a
    459b
    464a
    464b
    464c
    464d
    GATA H4
    YCA II a
    YCA II b
    CDY a
    CDY b

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    replied
    We are presently running about a 50-50 split between R1b1 and I haplogroups in this project. We should have a decent idea on modal haplotypes for both these groupings.

Other haplogroups are sparse having (1) G and (1) G2

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    I'm familiar with Damvelt only because he is one of my closer matches (gd of 10 at 37 markers) and matches me exactly on the 16 slowest markers that several of us were horsing around with lately over on the R1b Forum.

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo
    That may be nearly as effective. Perhaps the additional markers will sort out his haplogroup.

Damvelt is listed on John McEwan's SNP Results Table among the R1bSTR22 "Frisian" bunch.

Thanks, I'll get the info there

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by GvdM
    No, he hasn't. He has an upgrade in for 37 though.
    That may be nearly as effective. Perhaps the additional markers will sort out his haplogroup.

Damvelt is listed on John McEwan's SNP Results Table among the R1bSTR22 "Frisian" bunch.

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    replied

Has Bill ordered an SNP test?
    No, he hasn't. He has an upgrade in for 37 though.

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    replied
    Sharp looking project, George. Wish I could join it, but I am Dutch through a lovely female ancestor.

I guess Damvelt did his R1b-SNP testing through Ethnoancestry. I know he has been SNP tested and is R1b1c9 (S21+), but I see he is still listed in the red of a prediction as R1b1.

I agree with you that he may turn out to be some kind of I in the end.

Interesting how DYS390=23, DYS391=11, and DYS392=13 seem to be pretty nearly universal among the R1bs in your project.

It would really be interesting to see how many of the R1bs in your project besides Damvelt are S21+. That recent study by Dr. James Wilson and his colleagues found S21+ in over 75% of the R1bs in the Netherlands and North Germany. I wonder if your project would reflect a similar result.

I noticed that van de Merbel has that telltale 8 at DYS455. He's an I1a.

Al ordered the DSNP for R1b. after that we will do the S series at EA. It would be identical to mine so I saw no reason to spend the cash for both of us.

I should email Marine and get his full SNP results. I want to see the correlations. I was not aware he tested.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Sharp looking project, George. Wish I could join it, but I am Dutch through a lovely female ancestor.

I guess Damvelt did his R1b-SNP testing through Ethnoancestry. I know he has been SNP tested and is R1b1c9 (S21+), but I see he is still listed in the red of a prediction as R1b1.

I agree with you that he may turn out to be some kind of I in the end.

Interesting how DYS390=23, DYS391=11, and DYS392=13 seem to be pretty nearly universal among the R1bs in your project.

It would really be interesting to see how many of the R1bs in your project besides Damvelt are S21+. That recent study by Dr. James Wilson and his colleagues found S21+ in over 75% of the R1bs in the Netherlands and North Germany. I wonder if your project would reflect a similar result.

I noticed that van de Merbel has that telltale 8 at DYS455. He's an I1a.
    Last edited by Stevo; 5 August 2006, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    replied
    Well, it went to 7 members pretty quick. I hope this keeps up and we find some sort of patern in this geographical region.

Leave a comment:

• GvdM
    started a topic Announcement: Benelux Geographical Project

Announcement: Benelux Geographical Project

I would like to announce the start of a new yDNA Geographic project. The Benelux Geographical Project is open to all those with male line roots originating in the area of the Lowlands in Western Europe.

Project Goals:

To establish a growing database of data for tested participants with origins in the Benelux Region (Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg).

To chart and group common test results.

To chart and possibly determine geographical grouping's common to the lowlands area..

Further information is available at the project website: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/benelux/
Working...
X