Who Am I???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost-Sheep

I comprehend now. After all, it is of dire importance to know which block to choose whenever filling out that DMV driver's license renewal application to correctly check what race you are!

You're not kidding are you? Virginia really does have "race blocks" on their driver's licenses!? That's bizarre and more than a little creepy.

With all this genealogical DNA testing, such archaic practices could get really interesting.

Comment

Piobaireachd:
      Good luck on your quest. Just as one adoptee to another...there are two sides to every coin, and some coins have ridges on their sides, and,..
      some dont. Just as those of us who choose to test have all kinds of reasons for doing so, but one thing we have in common, is to find out where we came from..ie,our dna. And from the looks of my personal results, I must have been an only child But I know what happened to my folks, and I was 2 when adopted, and now know where the scar on my forehead came from. But I guess there is still a glimmer of hope that I can still get some information as to other questions I have, that can only be answered by a relative. Because I do have children, and now am looking at raising my grand daughters when their mom, my daughter can no longer fight the brain cancer she has. So being adopted is a good thing, for what ever reason.. that made it have to be. And I too am still quite thankful for having adopted parents who gave me a home and a life. And for my birth parents for giving me.. life

Comment

I do have children, and now am looking at raising my grand daughters when their mom, my daughter can no longer fight the brain cancer she has. So being adopted is a good thing, for what ever reason...that made it have to be. And I too am still quite thankful for having adopted parents who gave me a home and a life. And for my birth parents for giving me...life
        Your adoptive parents are indeed a blessing. That is indeed a "thank God" for you, Mari. You now attain the responsibility to either tell your grandaughters of their biological truth or of made-up fiction...

Comment

You're not kidding are you? Virginia really does have "race blocks" on their driver's licenses!? That's bizarre and more than a little creepy.

Dearest Pleroma, Remora, etc.,

What accusation/s do you allege? Bring them straightforward and forthright this instant! Why should mother Virginia be responsible for anything that merely a single resident of her statehood opines? Do you have personal experiences of being racially oppressed in Virginia or are you merely some stereotypical froshic college student desiring economic subsidation for all of your years of "pain and suffering"? Perhaps the Commonwealth of Virginia suffers from YOUR allegations...please expound!

What "archaic practices" am I guilty of, Sir/Maam? You obviously have no sense of humor and NOTHING of a RACIST factor has been stated by me! It appears that you need to adjust your attitude...

Get a life!

Comment

"race blocks"

Pleroma,

You used the quotations "race blocks" when you trashed Virginia as if I stated such alleged garbage. Nothing has been deleted. So why did you quote the words "race blocks" when I did not state any such words, Canadian sir/maam?

Who were you to quote other words than your own misguided attack on Virginia, Canadian sir/maam? ? No-one other than YOU alleged or dared to write the words "race blocks" which are the words that only YOU quoted the no-one else used.

Your quotations do not exist from my origin or that of anyone else, Canadian sir/maam? You cause "pain and suffering" to my person and quite possibly that of the Commonwealth of Virginia for quoting something that I did not write, sir/maam. Lawsuits go in BOTH directions sir/maam!

God, I love Canadians for the perfect people they are...especially the French Canadians!

Comment

Lost-Sheep,

CHILL!!!!

Your last two posts were completely out of line. Pleroma was simply asking if what you said about Virginia driver's license applications was true. By "race blocks", Pleroma was referring to this comment that YOU made:

After all, it is of dire importance to know which block to choose whenever filling out that DMV driver's license renewal application to correctly check what race you are!
              You also misread Pleroma's response, since s/he never accused YOU of archaic practices -- s/he was referring to Virginia's alleged driver's license practices.

However, Pleroma also appears to have misread the above statement, as s/he was talking about the license itself while you were talking about the application. This appears to have been an honest mistake.

I believe you owe Pleroma -- and the rest of us -- a profound apology.

This is not the first nasty post that I have seen from you, so I suggest you learn how to respond to people in a civilized manner if you want to be taken seriously here.

Comment

Dearest Pleroma, Remora, etc.,

drivel removed
                I believe it is you who needs a life.

The last thing I or anyone else needs is some yahoo on a forum telling us how we should feel, think or act.

Looking at your posting history, it looks like you are the one who has "issues" that need to be addressed.

Comment

Efgen/Piobaireachd,

Neither of you are owed an "apology" from my person and neither of you shall ever get it!

Efgen,

Back up the truck, sir/maam! I NEVER mentioned an iota concerning the "Virginia driver's license applications" or its practices. I said NOTHING concerning "Virginia driver's license applications" and you would do yourself well to stop vouching for that which was NEVER written, sir/maam. My posting was to the point and was one of defense.

After all, it is of dire importance to know which block to choose whenever filling out that DMV driver's license renewal application to correctly check what race you are!
                  Yes, I wrote that...so? What is so wrong with THAT? YOU misread my statement if you have a problem with what I wrote sir/maam! There NEVER was mentioned a "RACE BLOCK" in terms of discrimination, sir/maam! The ONLY "block" mentioned was that of the answer "block" (i.e., name block, address block, race block [in terms of stating one's race], etc.) that a human fills-out to answer every question on a DMV (not necessarily Virginia, but ANY state) application. A "BLOCK" is simply a line to fill out on an application form and NOTHING more! Get over it! Save your attack for Mel Gibson, sir/maam! You will get your requested "apology" when Heaven's opposite freezes over!

Piobaireachd,

I'm 48 and have no kids. I've never had a desire to be a parent...I believe it is you who needs a life.
                  Just a few MEANINGFUL and magical words that you have stated...<yawn>
                  Last edited by Lost-Sheep; 2 August 2006, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Sheesh

This thread has gone WAY OFF TOPIC and become quite CRANKY.

Can we not, in truth, say that it is not possible to CARE about family we do not know, except in an abstract manner? And so, is not the distant or "uncaring" position taken by the several adopted posters to this thread completely natural and normal?

And isn't THAT what THIS is about - rather than about bureaucratic racial classification?

Just a suggestion,

Tom

Comment

Efgen/Piobaireachd,

Neither of you are owed an "apology" from my person and neither of you shall ever get it!
                      They'll get it from me.

Efgen, Piobaireachd, and Pleroma,

I'm sorry that you (or anyone, for that matter) is subjected to the obnoxious and bizarrely incorrect spittle that some forum participants insist on slinging around.

Every community has its misanthropes, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by vineviz
                        They'll get it from me.

I'm sorry that you (or anyone, for that matter) is subjected to the obnoxious and bizarrely incorrect spittle that some forum participants insist on slinging around.

Please, no apology is necessary. I did not take offence at anything. My faith makes that so.

I was surprised that race on a driver's license was still practiced in some parts. Especially if it is not an optional block. I just can't understand what more this could tell you than any photo, (which I assume is a hallmark of driver's licenses everywhere.)

Anyway, this matter can relate to genealogy and DNA in that this technology will challenge these types of practices and world views. That is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by vineviz
                          They'll get it from me.

Thank you, but it's not a problem here.

I will just file Lost-Sheep under "K" for kook and use the ignore function.

Comment

Speak for yourself vineviz,

This person assumed that the Virginia DMV racially profiles applicants based only on the location identified in my "control panel" location. Accidently assuming that someone racially profiles people is every bit as insulting as actually racially profiling. A person's life can be destroyed over such false allegations.

"Obnoxious and bizarrely incorrect spittle"? That is about the same as me calling you a "purple monkey". You label a person as "incorrect" and you provide no evidence of the 'misanthropy' (hatred of mankind) label that you place on me.

So go ahead and apologize to hezbolah or whoever you desire on YOUR own behalf! I have apologized for only ONE posting I ever written on this forum and that was for neglecting to use my "refresh" button when I thought that one of my postings had been deleted. If you make racial accusations, you had better back them up!

Tom,

Don't worry...all of this will eventually and most certainly be deleted...

Comment

"Obnoxious and bizarrely incorrect spittle"? That is about the same as me calling you a "purple monkey". You label a person as "incorrect" and you provide no evidence of the 'misanthropy' (hatred of mankind) label that you place on me.
                              I'm neither purple nor a monkey, and I can diagram a sentence well enough to know that, in the phrase "obnoxious and bizarrely incorrect spittle", the adjective "incorrect" modifies the noun "spittle".

If your dictionary defines "spittle" as "a person" then I suggest you invest in a new dictionary.

Comment

Back up the truck, sir/maam! I NEVER mentioned an iota concerning the "Virginia driver's license applications" or its practices. I said NOTHING concerning "Virginia driver's license applications" and you would do yourself well to stop vouching for that which was NEVER written, sir/maam. My posting was to the point and was one of defense.
                                You know what, so we all mis-read at least ONE part of a statement. Fine, you never mentioned Virginia. Big deal? I don't care what state or country you are talking about. You are the only one who took offense. I did not take offense to your original statement and I knew exactly what you meant by it. What I take offense to is your reading into other people's posts and your out-of-line responses to what you perceived us to be saying. So like I said before: CHILL!
                                Last edited by efgen; 2 August 2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X