Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New paper on haplogroup E-M78

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New paper on haplogroup E-M78

    Hey all,

    There's a new E-M78 paper out by Cruciani et al. Pretty interesting stuff. I haven't been able to find a link to the full article, but Dienekes has a decent write-up here .

    Slainte,
    Jeff

  • #2
    Thanks, Jeff. I was about time to hear some news about E3b.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by slumbuzzle
      Hey all,

      There's a new E-M78 paper out by Cruciani et al. Pretty interesting stuff. I haven't been able to find a link to the full article, but Dienekes has a decent write-up here .

      Slainte,
      Jeff
      I think this is the link to the full article:

      http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/h...15/pdf/916.pdf

      Comment


      • #4
        Ah, thanks KerryODair. I was thinking that was just a link to the abstract. That's what happens when you only get three hours of sleep.

        Slainte,
        Jeff

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by slumbuzzle
          Ah, thanks KerryODair. I was thinking that was just a link to the abstract. That's what happens when you only get three hours of sleep.

          Slainte,
          Jeff
          The article did not give enough detail about the subclades. I wish they had mentioned marker types associated with the different subclades. Maybe they will publish further detail, where you can see the data they used. I was expecting to see more detail in their report.

          Comment


          • #6
            M-148 & M-224 swap location in tree caused by new V-12 SNP?

            Well, I hope all you M-78 guys are satisfied - six new SNPs to deal with!

            Of interest is the fact, that, if I am reading the revised schematics correctly, M-224 & V-32 have taken the position previously held by M-148 as E3b1a1....; new SNPs V-13 and V-27 now describe E3b1a2....; and V-22 plus M-148 & V-19 are now listed as E3b1a3....

            The ISOGG E3b chart is due for some serious updating and is only a couple of months old

            I have a distinct feeling that there is a lot more deep-clade SNP testing required for many folks currently in the M-78 sub-group before much of this becomes subject to interpretation/correllation using our existing haplotype database.

            I wonder if FTDNA will step up to the plate with some V SNP tests in the near future?

            I am disappointed that nothing new appears to have been done with the E3b3a.... sub-clades but there is no question about where the frequency of the E3b population falls. Guess I'll have to wait another year or more for new info to appear before deciding to spend more $.

            Bill

            Comment


            • #7
              I share some of the same feelings, Bill.

              We could expect to have as rich a diversity of UEPs in the other sister branches of M78, namely M81 and M123, although I'm afraid those who belong to the latter are in for a long wait period before we get any news.

              And what can I say of M35*?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Victor
                I share some of the same feelings, Bill.

                We could expect to have as rich a diversity of UEPs in the other sister branches of M78, namely M81 and M123, although I'm afraid those who belong to the latter are in for a long wait period before we get any news.

                And what can I say of M35*?
                Victor, based on your cladogram's and the new report on the m78 marker can you make guesses on the alpha and beta types in your cladogram information that you publish. The only marker I am consistent with in the alpha group is the 607 allele. Otherwise, based on information I have read I don't seem to fit in either the alpha or beta group. However, I would have to guess the alpha group at this point. Just wonder what your thoughts are on this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kerry,

                  I haven't taken the time yet to find the correlations between the new study and haplotype values.

                  When I get back from a brief trip I'll go over it and I'll post my comments.

                  Victor

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The ISOGG e3b chart has been updated based on this new paper. Wow, I just had a deep sub clad test completed 1-June-2006 and now I am outdated. However based on my tests results I can rule out 6 of the now 8 snp's on the m78 side. It looks like V13 or V12. V13 is the alpha cluster and v12 is the beta cluster refered to in the articles. I wonder when familytreedna will change the haplogroup designations for people who have had the deep subclade tests. I am pretty sure that I would fall into the V13 snp where most europeans are. The v12 is the Northern Africa, Berbers and Morocans I believe. It will be interesting to see where this goes when specific data is released on this new paper. The good news for me is at least they are doing research in this area.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Victor
                      Kerry,

                      I haven't taken the time yet to find the correlations between the new study and haplotype values.

                      When I get back from a brief trip I'll go over it and I'll post my comments.

                      Victor
                      Victor where are you? Hope you had a good trip. Looking forward to your comments on this thread.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Deep Clade results

                        I just got my results back, FTDNA says E3b1, but reading some of the papers it looks like E3b1a...HELP.

                        M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M148- M165- M2- M281- M34- M81-

                        I know that E3b1 has some clusters, I would like some help figuring that out also.

                        Thanx
                        Jeff Stewart

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          E3b at ISoGG

                          Jaken,

                          Looking at the new ISOGG chart for E3b....

                          http://www.isogg.org/tree/index.html

                          your results fit you into E3b1a M78 (formerly E3b1) as it is currently formatted.

                          Keep in mind that nomenclature is now and will continue to be in a state of flux for some time to come - return to the ISoGG chart occasionally for a current status review.

                          Welcome to the E3b clan!

                          Bill Harvey
                          E3b1c1 M34 (formerly E3b3a)
                          Last edited by Bill Harvey; 29 July 2006, 09:37 PM. Reason: error

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bill,
                            Thanks Bill, just what I was looking for. I guess I just didn't search far enough. ;o|

                            Jeff

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jaken24
                              I just got my results back, FTDNA says E3b1, but reading some of the papers it looks like E3b1a...HELP.

                              M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M148- M165- M2- M281- M34- M81-

                              I know that E3b1 has some clusters, I would like some help figuring that out also.

                              Thanx
                              Jeff Stewart
                              Jeff welcome to the v12 or v13 subclade group. Your deep snp marks are identical to my snp marks. I believe this puts you either in the alpha or beta M78 group. From what the article suggests most europeans have the alpha marker. Where's Victor? He can help us figure this all out, with usual logical and scientific mind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X