X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by whitkeen
    Jerusha:
    What is your next question? Max's reply to June 28th query is posted twice, but your next response seems not to be there.
    I did not have a next question. I was trying to thank Max, and somehow didn't reply in the correct place. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• whitkeen
    replied
    Jerusha:
    What is your next question? Max's reply to June 28th query is posted twice, but your next response seems not to be there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Re: Haplogroup Matches

Originally posted by max
    You have to distinguish between two databases: the REO and the Haplogroup database. While the REO gives you a hint or a confirmation of the country of origin for your recent ancestry, the Haplogroup database gives you the deep ancestral originis. The countries listed in this last database indicate where the people have been tested, and are there just for the purposes of further illustrating the migration. Right after we launched that database we removed those countries in order not to cause confusion like the one that you are having now, but we received a flurry of e-mails from genealogists asking us to keep the list of countries for information purposes.
    Hope this clarifies your question.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Re: Haplogroup Matches

Originally posted by max
    You have to distinguish between two databases: the REO and the Haplogroup database. While the REO gives you a hint or a confirmation of the country of origin for your recent ancestry, the Haplogroup database gives you the deep ancestral originis. The countries listed in this last database indicate where the people have been tested, and are there just for the purposes of further illustrating the migration. Right after we launched that database we removed those countries in order not to cause confusion like the one that you are having now, but we received a flurry of e-mails from genealogists asking us to keep the list of countries for information purposes.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Re: Haplogroup Matches

Originally posted by jerusha
    I want to make sure I understand what my father's Haplogroup matches mean. If he matches R1b, Austria, with 3 counts, does that mean he matched 3 separate men, now living in Austria, that were tested by Dr Hammer and are in his YCC nomenclature database?
    What about R1b, Polynesia, European admixture, 1 count; then right below it R1b Polynesia (Polynesian (European admixture)), 3 counts. Does this mean that my father matched one "strain" of haplogroup R1b with the first Polynesian person, then 3 separate Polynesians with another "strain" of R1b. What word should I be using instead of "strain?"
    The FTDNA explanation states "the countries in this database are the countries of the individuals that were tested...and should not be used to determine countries of origin." But at this point, this is as close as we can come to finding countries of origin before the origination of surnames, is this correct?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Haplogroup Matches

Haplogroup Matches

I want to make sure I understand what my father's Haplogroup matches mean. If he matches R1b, Austria, with 3 counts, does that mean he matched 3 separate men, now living in Austria, that were tested by Dr Hammer and are in his YCC nomenclature database?

What about R1b, Polynesia, European admixture, 1 count; then right below it R1b Polynesia (Polynesian (European admixture)), 3 counts. Does this mean that my father matched one "strain" of haplogroup R1b with the first Polynesian person, then 3 separate Polynesians with another "strain" of R1b. What word should I be using instead of "strain?"

The FTDNA explanation states "the countries in this database are the countries of the individuals that were tested...and should not be used to determine countries of origin." But at this point, this is as close as we can come to finding countries of origin before the origination of surnames, is this correct?
Working...
X