Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would a 1/2 Aunt be Equivalent To in FTDNA FF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would a 1/2 Aunt be Equivalent To in FTDNA FF?

Hello,

I'm trying to determine if a 1/2 aunt would be equivalent to a cousin in the relationship options on FTDA Family Finder. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you-

I checked two sources for half-aunt relationship & equivalents, in terms of DNA shared:
    and
    Both showed the following relationships in the same general averages and ranges as half aunt/uncle:
    • first cousin
    • half niece/nephew
    • great-grandparent/great-grandchild
    • great aunt/uncle/niece/nephew

Bottom line for your question: a half-aunt might be equivalent to a 1st cousin.

Comment

You might want to look at https://thegeneticgenealogist.com/wp...ugust_2017.jpg

Comment

I strongly recommend the "DNA Detectives Autosomal Statistics Chart", because it has all the relationships grouped by the expected degree of autosomal DNA shared and because it is extremely easy to read. It's the one chart that's worth printing out and keeping next to your computer!

Comment

To all who responded to my question, thank you so very much for taking the time to do so. All the information, links, charts, etc. are very, very, helpful.

The FTDNA Forum has always been so quick, kind and generous in responding to the questions I have had and it is a trusted resource for me. Thank You-

Comment

Working...
          X