Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum change, and modernization of FTDNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum change, and modernization of FTDNA?

For some reason I'm not seeing the sub-forum "Recreation Room" today, and I thought there used to be one for Announcements as well which is also now absent. So, I'll post this here.

I saw this posted in the ISOGG newsgroup by Debbie Kennett (blogger and ISOGG member):
    "FTDNA will be modernising their family trees and genome database using graph technology from DataStax:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ered-DataStax/"
    If anyone out there is more well-versed in IT talk than I am, could you please read and give us all an assessment of what the implications are for FTDNA?

Originally posted by KATM View Post
    For some reason I'm not seeing the sub-forum "Recreation Room" today, and I thought there used to be one for Announcements as well which is also now absent.
    Both sub-forums were still there when I looked just now.

Can't help with your main point, sorry. But am very interested in the answer.

Comment

my mistake!

Thanks for checking on the "missing" sub-forums, Fern. I went back and found that somehow I must have accidentally clicked on the blue up/down arrow button at the top right under "Family Tree DNA Communications," which collapsed the sub-forum list. So all is normal, as you found. *sigh*

I will re-post my question about the DataStax article under the "Announcements and New Features" sub-forum, so there is no need for anyone to post more in this thread.

Comment

Working...
      X