Radiation Seed Implant and Marker Mutation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiation Seed Implant and Marker Mutation

Does anyone know if it is possible for a radiation seed implant, used to fight cancer, can cause some marker mutation in the Y-DNA strand?

We have a participant in our project who expressed this concern.

kind regards
    George
    Last edited by GvdM; 22 June 2006, 01:08 PM.

Well, I guess the sure way to find out is to test him and one of his close male relative (father, uncle, brother or son) without a radiation seed. Of course, if a son is tested, he must have been concieved before the seed was implanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Eki
      Well, I guess the sure way to find out is to test him and one of his close male relative (father, uncle, brother or son) without a radiation seed. Of course, if a son is tested, he must have been concieved before the seed was implanted.
      Hi Eki,

We are awaiting results of some close relations. He has some strange markers which was the reason I posed the questions. Even on 12-markers he has no matches closer than a -2 on any Y-DNA database. I was wondering if there had ever been a study on this or if it had been encountered before.

Comment

I have been waiting for an anwer on radiation as well

My Husband underwent radiation for head and neck cancer as well as radiation for thyroid cancer. so far I have not gotten an answer. He too has NO matches even though I have tested him up to 37 markers YDNA. He should match the Kirkman surname project but the genetic distance is off. subscribing to this and hoping for answers.

Comment

Radiation has no effect on the test all the people I had tested that went through cancer treatment with radiation are exact matches and that was tested out to 67 markers.

Originally posted by Hpykirk View Post
          My Husband underwent radiation for head and neck cancer as well as radiation for thyroid cancer. so far I have not gotten an answer. He too has NO matches even though I have tested him up to 37 markers YDNA. He should match the Kirkman surname project but the genetic distance is off. subscribing to this and hoping for answers.

Comment

Working...
          X