No announcement yet.

Family Finder matching question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But generally parent/child is easy to distinguish using gender and birthdate if it's available.

So then... in some situations I may end up having 10 parents. Praise Heimdallr!

Comment

Originally posted by jötunn View Post
      But generally parent/child is easy to distinguish using gender and birthdate if it's available.

So then... in some situations I may end up having 10 parents. Praise Heimdallr!
      No, you can only show parent/child relationship to each parent with a few exceptions.
      Exceptions- will show parent child relationship to oneself if have two kits in database for same person, or have an identical twin in database.

Parent/child relationship shares approx 3500cM. This is half identical amount, total amount of cM on your maternal or paternal chromosomes. Amounts are always given in half identical. In reality we have a total of 3500cM on our maternal chromosomes and 3500cM on our paternal chromosomes, total of 7000cM

Siblings (other then identical twins), grandparents and aunt/uncle (unless identical twin of parent) will not show parent child relationship,they will not share the 3500cM amount, they will share under 3000cM
      Last edited by prairielad; 20 February 2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jötunn View Post
        So if I understand properly, father´s and mother´s common siblings may be shown as parents too, right?

And, for example if my father had an identical twin, it will show two fathers for me too, right?
        Yes. In our family, identical twins are shown in FT as "Parent/Child 3,384 267" You can see that they are, instead, monozygotic twins by looking at them in gedmatch.

Their nieces/nephews have the same entries as their own children:
        Parent/Child 3,384 267 is the daughter of one twin
        Parent/Child 3,384 267 is a niece of that same twin

And the children all have three parents:
        Parent/Child 3,383 267 (actual mother)
        Parent/Child 3,383 267 (aunt)
        Parent/Child 3,381 267 (father)
        In that order. The father's comment? "That's not fair! I'm 3rd?"

A full sibling of the twins has identical entries for each of them:
        Full Siblings 2,817 213
        Full Siblings 2,817 213

And yes, it was totally unnecessary to test both twins, but one of them could not otherwise be convinced that they were incontrovertibly "identical"

Comment

Working...
        X