Managing Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing Kits

I ordered three kits (husband, son and brother)and I will manage them. When ordering I indicated these were for someone else and gave the name. Unfortunately I didn't write down the kit numbers and corresponding names. I have received the three kits (they have not been done yet) and when I log in it is my name that appears. Shouldn't it be in the individual tester's name? I can't seem to find a to change it. I spoke with customer service and was told it didn't matter. When I send the kit in the name will be with the kit??? Only slip that is returned is one with a signature and for sure no one would be able to read my husbands signature. Am I worrying for nothing?

Diane

Just hand out the kits and make a note of who is doing which test (I assume they are all doing the same test ie familyfinder)
    Log in to each kit and change the name on profile of each kit to the name of person doing that kit number.(upper right corner by name and kit number) My Profile > Contact Info
    You can either put their name or alias, some people add administrated by...

If each is doing different types of tests, log on to kits and look at order history to see which tests are associated with each kit number, then give that kit to appropriate person.
    Last edited by prairielad; 16 September 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

I will give that a try. Sounds simple enough!

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        Just hand out the kits and make a note of who is doing which test (I assume they are all doing the same test ie familyfinder)
        Log in to each kit and change the name on profile of each kit to the name of person doing that kit number.(upper right corner by name and kit number) My Profile > Contact Info
        You can either put their name or alias, some people add administrated by...

If each is doing different types of tests, log on to kits and look at order history to see which tests are associated with each kit number, then give that kit to appropriate person.
        Good suggestion, I agree with you. Labeling it will be a great help.

Comment

And they do take the name off the signature line as a default. I had a cousin take a yDNA test and he signed the form "TM". Even though I never used those initials to indicate his identity that is what shows up on FTDNA as his name.

Comment

Working...
          X