LivingDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LivingDNA

It is now possible to upload the Raw Data to Genesis Gedmatch -( a part of Gedmatch seperate at present which also takes the MyHeritage data)-am wondering if anyone has uploaded their LivingDNA.?

I've uploaded mine but Living dna upload is said to be unreliable.

MDLP K16 Living dna 22138 SNPs used in this evaluation
    FTDNA 73865 SNPs used in this evaluation
    My heritage 72571 SNPs used in this evaluation

Comment

Thanks gatty

It is still in the "testing" stage so should improve !

I will give it a go.

Comment

gatty - am a bit confused (?)!

The data has downloaded as a "txt file" is that right ?

There does not appear to be a specific listing on Gedmatch Beta for upload of LivingDNA data - what heading did you use ?

bet

Comment

Multiple tests

I am curious about this Genesis Gedmatch site. I uploaded my Living DNA file and I have already uploaded my 23andme and ancestry files to the standard Gedmatch site. I've been looking for a way to compare or combine the results of all three tests. Is the Genesis site helpful in that regard?

Comment

Originally posted by betadams View Post
            gatty - am a bit confused (?)!

The data has downloaded as a "txt file" is that right ?

There does not appear to be a specific listing on Gedmatch Beta for upload of LivingDNA data - what heading did you use ?

bet
            I am not sure what you mean.

Comment

GENESIS GEDMATCH

Uploaded all three of my test files from 23andme, Ancestry, and Living DNA. Comparing the three results to one another showed a low of 98.6% overlap and a high of 99.9% overlap. Running the admixture on each kit showed closer tracking between 23andme and Ancestry. Living DNA results were within a few percentage points of the other results but individual measurements never fell between the other two test labs.

I find this interesting and validating. Each company provides ancestry results which vary significantly from one another for debatable reasons. Nice to slightly quantify how much of that variance is based on SNP selection and how much is based on population sample selection and grouping.

Anyone else compared upload results from multiple labs on the same site? i.e. 3 DNA sample measurements, one population demographic.

Comment

Multiple tests

I've also received ancestry results from My Heritage and DNA Land for both 23andme upload and Ancestry upload. Considerable variance in the small contributions.
                For example My DNA Land results using 23andme upload is the only report of a contribution from East Africa. Using the Ancestry upload DNA Land inferred a contribution from Kalash. Difficult to evaluate but Living DNA was the only test site that suggested I have Pashtun, Ancestry was the only site to suggest I have Greek, and Kalash is supposedly Greek/Pashtun combo. Using the same site to evaluate the different test results delivers a fun way to see how these populations are related.

Comment

I just did a rather detailed analysis of the match lists for a LivingDNA kit and a 23andMe kit. Only about one-third of the names showed up on both lists. The small SNP overlap is going to present difficulties in declaring matching segments.

I put a lot more detail in my post on the GEDmatch User forum at Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gedm...9459821836427/

Comment

LIVING DNA RAW DATA

Has anyone downloaded the Living DNA Autosomal Raw Data File and looked at the contents? I downloaded mine and it has rows for Chromosomes 1-22. After Chromosome 22, there is a Chromosome X rows of 12,000 plus rows. They seem to be all related to MtDNA. Seems to be an incomplete file. In my AncestryDNA Autosomal Raw Data file, there is Chromosomes 1-23, with Chromosome 24 being all the RSIDs for Y-DNA SNPs. Does anyone know how to find the Autosomal Y-DNA rows in the Living DNA Autosomal Raw DNA Download? I want to be able to research Autosomal Y-DNA RSIDs using ISOGG browser tools. Or am I correct in assuming that my download has an incomplete File? I have request in to Living DNA. Wondering if any of you have any experience in this Living DNA Autosomal Raw Data download.

Comment

The X chromosome rows are just that: the X chromosome. The mtDNA and Y are available as separate files, but they give only the positive results, not a complete list of tested SNPs.

Comment

LIVING DNA RAW DATA

Thank you so much. I am such a novice. Found the Y-DNA download and understand what you say that they represent the SNPs that tested positive only. Can you tell me if that Y-DNA raw data positives are for only my father's father male Line or are they positives in the autosomal sense that they are also for all my parents/grandparents ancesters?

Comment

They are for your straight paternal line only (father's father's father's father.....)

Comment

Is it possible to upload the LivingDNA data file to FTDNA? I don't see that as an option and I've not seen anywhere that it is possible. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X