Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions on my results

Hello everyone

Firstly i'd like to say this was the first DNA Genealogy testing among my family and relatives.I know little about this field and can make mistakes about my opinions.However,want to make something clear and say about my doubts on these results.
    I'm from North of Azerbaijan.I know about half of my ancestors are Lezgins -the descendants of Caucasian Albans and i know there isn't separate ethnicity portion for autochthonous Caucasian peoples.

I got 74% Asia Minor origin result and it makes some sense.Most of linguists agree on Anatolian origin of Nakho-Dagestanian languages (mostly influenced by extinct Hurro-Urartian language family).However.i found this 74% so much.
    It is surprising that i don't have any Levant (West Middle East) origin.From my father's male line it's said to be we're Sayyids.Phenotypically my family (father side) have noticeable Semitic/Levant appearance.

Can my Levant origin be included into Asia Minor or what is the deep period for this origin?Or i can find logical answer for this that first origin of Ishmaelites was Asia Minor.

Next question is about matches.How is it possible i only have 4 matches from our region (Middle Est/Anatolia,Caucasus).Most of matches are from US.Is it because of 2% British Isles origin?
    Last edited by musayev; 19 July 2017, 05:17 PM.

Originally posted by musayev View Post
    Hello everyone
    Next question is about matches.How is it possible i only have 4 matches from our region (Middle Est/Anatolia,Caucasus).Most of matches are from US.Is it because of 2% British Isles origin??
    It is probably due to the fact that so far, most of the folks who have tested have been from the US, and very few of the folks living in your region have tested.

Aside: You may be matching folks in US whose ancestors lived in Middle East/Anatolia, Caucasus Region as well as matching folks whose ancestors came from the British Isles.
    (Talk it up out there and see if you can can get more to test, and the results may change.)

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
      It is probably due to the fact that so far, most of the folks who have tested have been from the US, and very few of the folks living in your region have tested.

Aside: You may be matching folks in US whose ancestors lived in Middle East/Anatolia, Caucasus Region as well as matching folks whose ancestors came from the British Isles.
      (Talk it up out there and see if you can can get more to test, and the results may change.)
      Thank you for answer,it's clear.
      I will continue testing after a while.
      I'm particularly interested in my both grandfather's line.For this which detailed testings do you advice?
      For me Y-DNA and mtDNA and for my mother Y-DNA?Is it correct?

Comment

Thank you for answer,it's clear.
        I will continue testing after a while.
        I'm particularly interested in my both grandfather's line.For this which detailed testings do you advice?
        For me Y-DNA and mtDNA and for my mother Y-DNA?Is it correct?
        For you mother you'll make mtDNA as well and only this type of testing. YDNA is after Y-chromosome, which is male chromosome.
        Last edited by vnkrbkv; 20 July 2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vnkrbkv View Post
          For you mother you'll make mtDNA as well and only this type of testing. YDNA is after Y-chromosome, which is male chromosome.
          I mean she will do testing for her father's line.

Comment

I mean she will do testing for her father's line.
            Your mother can take the Family Finder test, which will give her matches and ethnic/geographic ancestry estimates for both her father's and mother's side. However, you won't know for sure which of the matches or parts of the ethnicity estimates are coming from her father's side and which from her mother's side. You'd have to infer based on what you know of your maternal grandparents' ancestry.

As the previous poster wrote, your mother can't take a yDNA test to find out anything about her father's paternal line haplogroup. Only men have a y chromosome to test. Your mother, as do all females, has two x chromosomes and no y chromosome.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
              Your mother can take the Family Finder test, which will give her matches and ethnic/geographic ancestry estimates for both her father's and mother's side. However, you won't know for sure which of the matches or parts of the ethnicity estimates are coming from her father's side and which from her mother's side. You'd have to infer based on what you know of your maternal grandparents' ancestry.

As the previous poster wrote, your mother can't take a yDNA test to find out anything about her father's paternal line haplogroup. Only men have a y chromosome to test. Your mother, as do all females, has two x chromosomes and no y chromosome.
              Thanks it's clear.

Meanwhile,i uploaded my data DNALAND and i got 2.2% Ashkenazi result (0% in MO).Again not any arabic origin seems there.Can our semitic features be due to this?
              Last edited by musayev; 20 July 2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

musayev,
                In GEDmatch's deep-ancestry Eurogenes K36 calculator what do you score for the elements Arabian, Near Eastern, and East Mediterranean?

Comment

Originally posted by khazaria View Post
                  musayev,
                  In GEDmatch's deep-ancestry Eurogenes K36 calculator what do you score for the elements Arabian, Near Eastern, and East Mediterranean?
                  Arabian 0.68
                  East_Med 4.21
                  Near_Eastern 7.57

Comment

Working...
                  X