Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I personally have 2 sets of data with FTDna but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally have 2 sets of data with FTDna but..

I did a mTDna test back in 2007 with the Genealogical Project, so I believe my log onto FTDna is that one. But I uploaded my autosomal DNA from Ancestry and paid the upgrade fee, so have 2 sets of data with FTDna.
    I am trying to upload to Genome Mate Pro and have found my kit number (not my log on number) in someone else's icw file, but my question is how do I know which set of data this kit number is for?
    Having uploaded others DNA I manage to FTDna, their kit numbers have an extra digit to mine, so I am suspecting that mine is from the mTDna but I don't have anyway of telling.
    When I contact FTDna all they wanted to do was give me a link to change my password!!!!
    Any guidance would be appreciated!
    Lesley

I am not entirely sure what your situation is, but I think you are saying you have 2 kits representing the same person, both transferred into FTDNA.

If a kit was originally done at FTDNA, they use a number sytem increasing numerically based on time of purchase. I have seen some very old kits under 10,000, some medium age under 99,999 and the majority as six digit numbers over 100,000.

If it is a transfer kit, it should start with a letter. If it came from National Geographic, it should start with N. If it came from Ancestry it should start with B.

Comment

Yes I have the Nxxxx kit from 2007 but on my dashboard page, the other transferred data from Ancestry is there too.

I think I'm just having to go back to GMP to check everything there!
      Lesley

Comment

"ICW" is In Common With, it's my understanding that report only applies to autosomal DNA, such as the Family Finder or the autosomal DNA data transfer from other vendors.

Comment

Working...
        X