Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA haplogroup T2

I'm so excited

I' ve just received the results for HVR1 and it turns out I belong to haplogroup T2 and it seems I've got la lot of differences from CRS:
    16126C, 16257T, 16294T, 16296T, 16304C, 16519C, 16527T

I'm still expecting for the HRV2 results and until now I've got only one match of unknown origin.

I don't know almost nothing about mtDNA so any comment, help, link to website would be very appreciated.

Francesco

Congratulations, brother!

It will be interesting to see what you find out.

I know almost nothing about mtDNA.

I looked at the mtDNA map and saw T all over Europe and in parts of the Middle East.

Right?

Comment

I guess I know even less than you

I can't find much on the web. As far as I know T2 should be quite common in Eastern and Northern Europe.

I have seen on Mitosearch that T2 individuals are especially from Britain, Germany, Austria, Poland and some of them are from Italy, too.

I don't know anything else, that's why I would appreciate any help from any of you reading this post. I'd like to see that map of yours as well, Stevo. Thank you in advance.

Comment

This map is very beautiful, do you think it is accurate too?

http://www.dnai.org/text/mediashowca...x2.html?id=693

In that case I could be a "deep native" also on my mother's side

Comment

I'm T2 also -what does it mean???

Francesco,
          I'm T2 also, and my numbers are similar to yours, but I've got one number before your sequence starts and you've got one number that I don't at the end.

Here are mine:
          16042A
          16126C
          16257-
          16294T
          16296T
          16304C
          16519C

I too have ordered a more extensive test, so anxious to see what that reveals! Can someone tell me what this signifies?

Comment

Working...
          X