Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding to existing tests while a third-party manages that account

Hi all!

I am in a situation where I would like to upgrade an existing yDNA test (from yDNA67 to yDNA111) for an account I manage; however, I want to know if a new testing sample kit will be issued, or whether his yDNA67 will just undergo more DNA testing in the Labs without an additional/newer sample being needed.

My cousin is unable to mail any subsequent testing kit back to the laboratory (his country of residence has an extremely unreliable postal service and there is a limitation on biological samples), so I would like to ensure any order I place on his account means further DNA sampling on his existing sample and not another testing kit.

My process was to log into his account and order an upgrade from yDNA67 to yDNA111, but I could not find any indication of a resampling of the existing sample vs another testing kit.

Is anyone able to provide any enlightenment for me, please?

Thank you, in advance!!!

Megan in Sydney Australia

Upgrades use sample already submitted, if they run out they mail new test kit automatically to mailing address on account. Generally sample is adequate to run multiple tests.

If concerned about them mailing out a new test kit, change mailing address to your mailing address and you will then know another sample is needed if new sample kit arrives.

You can also phone or use their open request form to inquire about if sample remaining is adequate enough .

Comment

Adding to existing tests while a third-party manages that account

Thank you, prairielad, I have just submitted a Request Form to FTDNA.

Let's see what the response will be!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X