Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for the transfer data results to appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for the transfer data results to appear?

Hi,

I uploaded my raw from 23andme to FTDNA yesterday, and it still shows the results are pending.

Usually, how long does it take for the results to be fully shown up on the site?

Thank you!

Hello?

Comment

It's supposed to take 24 hours, I believe, but from other threads in the forums, there seems to be a lot of complaints about long delays (many days).

Comment

Patience

It is not going to happen in a hurry. Your won't get a match until it is processed and added to the FTDNA database and a run made. Match runs seem to be made approximately once a week (usually Wednesday or Thursday) so have patience.

Too many people transfering to FTDNA think when they upload to FTDNA, it happens immediately , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
          It's supposed to take 24 hours, I believe, but from other threads in the forums, there seems to be a lot of complaints about long delays (many days).
          Originally posted by JDP1144 View Post
          It is not going to happen in a hurry. Your won't get a match until it is processed and added to the FTDNA database and a run made. Match runs seem to be made approximately once a week (usually Wednesday or Thursday) so have patience.

Too many people transfering to FTDNA think when they upload to FTDNA, it happens immediately , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
          Thank you so much!

Comment

I uploaded my 23 & Me autosomal file to FTDNA last Thursday and my matches were available a few hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by finrod View Post
              I uploaded my 23 & Me autosomal file to FTDNA last Thursday and my matches were available a few hours later.
              Did it also show you the ancestry composition?

I don't have any DNA matches, but lab results are pending.

Comment

Originally posted by noman View Post
                Did it also show you the ancestry composition?
                Uploads of raw data from 23andMe and AncestryDNA only give you your closest matches. You won't get more distant matches (4th-remote and 5th-remote cousins), ancestry composition (called AncientOrigins and myOrigins) or a chromosome browser.

You can get the ancestry composition and a chromosome browser if you pay $19. If you want those features, plus more distant matches, you have the option to order Family Finder for $59 (regular price, $79). FTDNA will send you a test kit and then you would mail it back with your DNA sample.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                  Uploads of raw data from 23andMe and AncestryDNA only give you your closest matches. You won't get more distant matches (4th-remote and 5th-remote cousins), ancestry composition (called AncientOrigins and myOrigins) or a chromosome browser.

You can get the ancestry composition and a chromosome browser if you pay $19. If you want those features, plus more distant matches, you have the option to order Family Finder for $59 (regular price, $79). FTDNA will send you a test kit and then you would mail it back with your DNA sample.
                  Crap!

Thanks for the input.

Comment

I am waiting four days from receipt to beginning processing. It is now nine days I have waited for processing. a BIG Y-DNA and a myDNA sample they already had.

Comment

Working...
                    X