Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these Eurogenes Admixture Proportions prove or disprove family oral history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these Eurogenes Admixture Proportions prove or disprove family oral history?

I am trying to prove or disprove family oral history of Native American ancestry. I found these Eurogenes Admixture utilities at GEDmatch.com that seem to show my DNA may have Native American DNA, but I would like to ask those who have more expertise if they would look at these attachments and tell me if they prove or disprove my families oral history of Native American ancestry? Thanks for any help.

Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Admixture Proportions.pdf

Eurogenes K9 Admixture Proportions.pdf

Eurogenes K11 Admixture Proportions.pdf

Eurogenes K12 Admixture Proportions.pdf

Eurogenes K13 Admixture Proportions.pdf
    Last edited by migoblu; 25 April 2017, 09:11 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

I'm no expert, but I can give you a bit of comparison. I read somewhere that not finding any chromosome with a value over 4 in a particular genetic group (e.g., Amerindian) makes it more likely to be noise. I was inclined to believe it was noise in yours, but you do have a bit of a spike near the end on the last chromosomes. I guess it could go either way. How far back is this alleged Native American ancestor?

My g-grandmother was part--not full, like I was told--Cherokee in the NC mountains. Ancestry DNA places my NA ethnicity at 1%, and my Amerindian values on K13 are:

-, 1.6, 0.7, 3.4, 5.9, -, 1.5, 4.8, 4.4, -, -, -, -, 3.5, 4.7, 0.4, -, -, 3.5, -, 2.7, 5.7

Comment

Originally posted by migoblu View Post
      I am trying to prove or disprove family oral history of Native American ancestry.
      Can you say something about what your oral history says?

Thanks,

Jack

Comment

migoblu - On your Mother's matrilineal side, mother-to- mother-to-mother back in time, it is easy to determine Native American ancestry because they have their specific Haplogroups: A,B,C,D and X and some sub-groups.

YOU can have the mtDNA test at FTDNA to prove/disprove NA ancestry on your mother's side because you carry your mother's mtDNA.

If your Father can test, he carries HIS mother's mtDNA.

Males receive mtDNA from their mothers, but they cannot pass it down. It can only be passed down through the female line.

If you and your father test for mtDNA that would solve the question of two of the four lines in question.
        Last edited by Biblioteque; 26 June 2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X