Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost-Sheep
    replied
    Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people?
    Literally thousands of stray dogs are euthanized and destroyed every year because no-one will provide a home for them, yet there are breeders out there making even more dogs...

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    I'm not the Government, but I do think we could use DNA to maybe customize things to our needs,or at least for this very enlightenment of who we are.Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people? Maybe endangered species peoples could be protected like wild cats,and creatures that lose their habitat or food supply.Maybe endangered people could be examined to see if their gene pool is wide enough or if their population is too small or large for survival-it could be an experiment...Protecting Endangered People.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    I'm not the Government, but I do think we could use DNA to maybe customize things to our needs,or at least for this very enlightenment of who we are.Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people? Maybe endangered species peoples could be protected like wild cats,and creatures that lose their habitat or food supply.Maybe endangered people could be examined to see if their gene pool is wide enough or if their population is too small or large for survival-it could be an experiment...Protecting Endangered People.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Denning
    ITS NOT THE SAME THING
    COPS TEST WOMEN AND FIND THE DAD
    cant do that here
    I thought paternity DNA tested the child,not the woman to find the dad,and probably using autosomal since a female child doesn't show the father's dna(she has no y-chromosome).Autosomal is used on the suspects too,and it's always accurate-as accurate as Jesus is from Nazareth.But I don't think they should ever get rid of DNA for individual males and females-that's the only way to accurately nail down which tribe you're from.(That's probably why they want to get rid of it)'cause it tells it like it is. I think autosomal calls you a location,like North or south somethin',but doesn't list the haplogroup,which is much more specific for ancestral purposes.But autosomal would be good used as fingerprints since no one would have the exact one as you except for twins,who could be tatooed at birth to tell them apart.

Leave a comment:

• Lost-Sheep
    replied
    Yeah, I'm a little worried about the government tracking me down via my DNA.
    You should be Stevo! The Picts and the Druids are seeking reparations for what your R1b ancestors did and you dare reside in the USA! God only knows, the Picts and Druids will empty your bank account with their ancestral claims of pain & sufferage in the American Court System!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo
    I had an English professor in college whose parents had come to the U.S. from Scotland. He theorized that the Celts had not actually painted themselves blue with woad. He said the blue color came from the fact that many of the Celtic warriors went into battle naked . . . and it's damned cold up there where they lived!

ever heard of the expression a true blue friend. maybe a friend in battle is worry of such a title

Leave a comment:

• KerryODair
    replied
    I had an English professor in college whose parents had come to the U.S. from Scotland. He theorized that the Celts had not actually painted themselves blue with woad. He said the blue color came from the fact that many of the Celtic warriors went into battle naked . . . and it's damned cold up there where they lived!

Good One, I like the logic but is it grounded in scientific fact

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by KerryODair
    Don't worry Stevo, the painted celts will come to your rescue. However, we are not very organized, we usually lose the battle. We were to individualistic to be successful in warfare. Hence, so few e3b's

Leave a comment:

• KerryODair
    replied

I just know any day they will show up and want to make me Holy Roman Emperor.

I know I'm shirking my duty living in obscurity like this but . . .
    Hakuna Matata!

Don't worry Stevo, the painted celts will come to your rescue. However, we are not very organized, we usually lose the battle. We were to individualistic to be successful in warfare. Hence, so few e3b's

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied

Hakuna Matata!

if they want it they can get it legal and otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

Hakuna Matata!

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Since yDNA and mtDNA are not shuffled with each generation, they are excellent for ancestry but very bad for crime-solving. I believe the FBI's CODIS markers are on the autosomal chromosomes that are shuffled with each generation. Hence, an exact match across all 26 markers (1 marker on each of 13 pairs of chromosomes) is extremely unlikely unless the evidence actually came from the accused or from his identical twin, if any.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied
    This is the quote from the article in MSNBC on DNA profile:
    The U.S. profiling system focuses on just 13 small regions of the DNA molecule -- regions that do not code for any known biological or behavioral traits but vary enough to give everyone who is not an identical twin a unique 52-digit number.

Is this the same as familytreedna or is Familytreedna using a different portion of the ydna for their testing. If the same, then there are already 3,000,000 samples and they are adding 80,000 every month. This far exceeds the familytreedna ysearch database.

ftdna does work with spencerwells and other antro projects usually these people dont sign release form ,dont have computors , and dont particpate in the genealogy . these are the unknow in ethnic backgrounds
    it represents business for the companys.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied
    You understand that and I understand that but does the general public get the difference, thats the problem. Genetic genealogy has make clear the difference between the two areas, in order for people to have that warm fuzzy feeling about testing.

ABOUT A YR AND A HALF AGO I HAD 2 MEMBERS IN DENNING AND ONE IN FROSINONE AND 3 IN CHELSEA
    Me and my cousin and son were most of those people and i didnt know if i would ever grow
    thats not today and wont be ftdna net geo and the rest work on this
    as more geneologists get involved . the biggest set back has been rootsweb which is now ancestry. both pretend to be non comercial lol
    if rootsweb got into this it would sky rocket but it will anyways
    you me and the rest are the pioneers just like daniel boone

Leave a comment:

• KerryODair
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Denning
    ITS NOT THE SAME THING
    COPS TEST WOMEN AND FIND THE DAD
    cant do that here
    This is the quote from the article in MSNBC on DNA profile:
    The U.S. profiling system focuses on just 13 small regions of the DNA molecule -- regions that do not code for any known biological or behavioral traits but vary enough to give everyone who is not an identical twin a unique 52-digit number.

Is this the same as familytreedna or is Familytreedna using a different portion of the ydna for their testing. If the same, then there are already 3,000,000 samples and they are adding 80,000 every month. This far exceeds the familytreedna ysearch database.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X