DNA Profile Article MSNBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo
    I had an English professor in college whose parents had come to the U.S. from Scotland. He theorized that the Celts had not actually painted themselves blue with woad. He said the blue color came from the fact that many of the Celtic warriors went into battle naked . . . and it's damned cold up there where they lived!

ever heard of the expression a true blue friend. maybe a friend in battle is worry of such a title

Comment

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the government tracking me down via my DNA.
      You should be Stevo! The Picts and the Druids are seeking reparations for what your R1b ancestors did and you dare reside in the USA! God only knows, the Picts and Druids will empty your bank account with their ancestral claims of pain & sufferage in the American Court System!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
        ITS NOT THE SAME THING
        COPS TEST WOMEN AND FIND THE DAD
        cant do that here
        I thought paternity DNA tested the child,not the woman to find the dad,and probably using autosomal since a female child doesn't show the father's dna(she has no y-chromosome).Autosomal is used on the suspects too,and it's always accurate-as accurate as Jesus is from Nazareth.But I don't think they should ever get rid of DNA for individual males and females-that's the only way to accurately nail down which tribe you're from.(That's probably why they want to get rid of it)'cause it tells it like it is. I think autosomal calls you a location,like North or south somethin',but doesn't list the haplogroup,which is much more specific for ancestral purposes.But autosomal would be good used as fingerprints since no one would have the exact one as you except for twins,who could be tatooed at birth to tell them apart.

Comment

I'm not the Government, but I do think we could use DNA to maybe customize things to our needs,or at least for this very enlightenment of who we are.Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people? Maybe endangered species peoples could be protected like wild cats,and creatures that lose their habitat or food supply.Maybe endangered people could be examined to see if their gene pool is wide enough or if their population is too small or large for survival-it could be an experiment...Protecting Endangered People.

Comment

I'm not the Government, but I do think we could use DNA to maybe customize things to our needs,or at least for this very enlightenment of who we are.Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people? Maybe endangered species peoples could be protected like wild cats,and creatures that lose their habitat or food supply.Maybe endangered people could be examined to see if their gene pool is wide enough or if their population is too small or large for survival-it could be an experiment...Protecting Endangered People.

Comment

Society takes an interest in Dog breeds,so why not people?
              Literally thousands of stray dogs are euthanized and destroyed every year because no-one will provide a home for them, yet there are breeders out there making even more dogs...

Comment

Working...
              X