Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which DNA test to take, my father's grandmother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    And Ancestry doesn't have the Chromosome Browser.

Leave a comment:

• Dabney Carr
    replied
    Ancestry's test is similar to the FamilyFinder test here. They have a larger database and automatic matching feature for those who have a common ancestor in each of their family trees, therefore it is beneficial to have a well developed tree. The bad thing about Ancestry is that in order to know anything about your matches or to use its automatic matching feature, you need to have a paid subscription which runs about $20/month.

Leave a comment:

• OrourkeKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Dabney Carr View Post
    You would take the familyfinder test, if you haven't already, and hope to find matches on your father's grandmother's branch of the tree. It would help if you know the surnames of her parents, grandparents, or even great-grandparents, and have built a good family tree.

And if you have a hard time finding matches on her branch, you might consider also testing at Ancestry.
    Thanx for the ancestry recommendation. Does Ancestry have dna kit results or groups like familytree does?

Leave a comment:

• Dabney Carr
    replied
    You would take the familyfinder test, if you haven't already, and hope to find matches on your father's grandmother's branch of the tree. It would help if you know the surnames of her parents, grandparents, or even great-grandparents, and have built a good family tree.

And if you have a hard time finding matches on her branch, you might consider also testing at Ancestry.

Leave a comment:

• OrourkeKing
    started a topic Which DNA test to take, my father's grandmother?

Which DNA test to take, my father's grandmother?

If i wanna confirm my relationship to my father's grandmother, which dna test would i take that familytreedna offers? thanx.
Working...
X