Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keigh
    replied
    The Ancestry.com user forum used to be a place to bounce ideas, thoughts and questions around on, but they improved the forum which ruined it, of course. Now you have to go click happy to get around. Very frustrating to be dumped into the articles section when you just want to look at the questions sections. A mess.

But if you are willing to slog through the obstacles that hinder moving with ease around that forum, there are a number of really helpful customers over there that enjoy answering questions and discussing a variety of subjects. Good luck on finding a good group to chat with.

Leave a comment:

• Biblioteque
    replied
    Also, one can dig into the archives of previous posts here at FTDNA......a wealth of information.

Leave a comment:

• SwabianGirl
    replied
    Questions

There are quite a few facebook-groups regarding FTDNA, Gedmatch etc. where you can search the discussions for questions that have been answered already or you can just post your own

Leave a comment:

• gabriel f
    replied
    If you find what you are searching, please send me a PM. Always is better more knowledge. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• LeahD
    replied
    Originally posted by gabriel f View Post
    I don't know what kind of questions do you have. Sometimes projects are useful for some kind of questions. May be you can ask here, is a good forum. May be if anyone have the answers but knows your questions, the someone can suggest you which forum can help you.
    Sometimes it's not even a specific question. I may have an idea that I just want to bounce around to get feedback on. There are knowledgeable people here, I agree, but things seem to be kind of slow around here.

Originally posted by travers View Post
    Seems to me that people have been answering your questions. If you don't feel that way ask again, things get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Remember too people can't see your results so people asking questions have to be as descriptive as possible if they want constructive input in return.
    Yes, I have had some questions answered, some not, which is fine. Things just seem to move kind of slow here.

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    I find that a lot fewer of my questions here ever get answered than they did several years back. Sometimes I think people see that there have been responses to a post and so they assume the question has been answered by someone else when, in fact, the post has only been added to or commented on, but the question remains unanswered, so they don't read it.

Also, I think a lot of the knowledgeable people, who used to answer questions, have left. They probably got tired of answering questions!!!
    That is probably true about people leaving.

Thanks all for your replies!

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I find that a lot fewer of my questions here ever get answered than they did several years back. Sometimes I think people see that there have been responses to a post and so they assume the question has been answered by someone else when, in fact, the post has only been added to or commented on, but the question remains unanswered, so they don't read it.

Also, I think a lot of the knowledgeable people, who used to answer questions, have left. They probably got tired of answering questions!!!

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Seems to me that people have been answering your questions. If you don't feel that way ask again, things get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Remember too people can't see your results so people asking questions have to be as descriptive as possible if they want constructive input in return.

Leave a comment:

• rivergirl
    replied
    Sent a PM to Leah.

Leave a comment:

• gabriel f
    replied
    I don't know what kind of questions do you have. Sometimes projects are useful for some kind of questions. May be you can ask here, is a good forum. May be if anyone have the answers but knows your questions, the someone can suggest you which forum can help you.

Leave a comment:

• LeahD
    started a topic Interaction

Interaction

Can anyone recommend another site/message board for DNA Genealogy? I know there are tons of sites that you can read about DNA genealogy, but I am really looking for some back and forth interaction. I have questions and I am having trouble getting answers! Thanks so much!
Working...
X