Your Haplogroup

Your SNP Tests

E3b1

M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M148- M165- M2- M281- M34- M81-

HELLO BROTHER do you match any dennings
    have you joined the e3b project well worth doing
    your surname and a geographical project or two

Comment

Hello Jim. No match on Dennings, but I do belong to the E3b project. Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossi
        Your Haplogroup

Your SNP Tests

E3b1

M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M148- M165- M2- M281- M34- M81-
        Finally! That was a long wait, wasn't it? Pretty much what we anticipated.

Regards,
        Victor

Comment

Pretty much what we anticipated. Long wait.

Victor, I am thinking all in all, that the E3b incursion into Europe was not many individuals. And I think there was a Balkan layover with Haplogroup I. Time frames and routes are similiar. North and west. When I find the map indicating so I will send it to you.

Comment

Haplogroup Tests

E3b1

M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M148- M165- M2- M281- M34
            -M81

Comment

Originally posted by LeoLoS
              Haplogroup Tests

E3b1

-M81
              Thanks for sharing your results, Leo.

Comment

Haplogroup Tests

E3b1

-M81
                Yes, thanks.

Can you explain the geographical significance of your findings, Leo?

(Or maybe someone else can.)

Comment

Haplogroup Tests

E3b1

-M81
                  My subclad results came in today with yours as e3b1 with identical + and - markers as yours. Since we are m78+, the papers I have read split this into four different clusters. The 2005 y chromosome chart has an e3b1a and e3b1b on its chart. I cannot tell from the articles I have read what cluster I fit into. I understand that refinement is coming down the road for the clusters in the subclade. Yet still, I wonder if we can assume that e3b1 is the alpha cluster in m78. Have you looked into this at all.

Comment

In European populations, most of the E3b1 subclades belong to alpha cluster. As we already know the highest concentration occurs at the Balkan peninsula.

I recommend the following study, particularly the section on E3b :

High-Resolution Phylogenetic Analysis of Southeastern Europe (SEE) Traces Major Episodes of Paternal Gene Flow Among Slavic Populations

Almost 93% of SEE E3b1 chromosomes are classified into α cluster. In Europe the highest E3b1α variance is among Apulians, Greeks and Macedonians and the highest frequency of the cluster is among Albanians, Macedonians and Greeks (table 1). Bearing in mind the congruent E3b1α frequency, variance maximums and star-like phylogenetic network (fig. 8B), it is possible to envision that a yet undefined sublineage downstream of M78, characterized by the nine-repeat allele at A7.1 locus, may have originated in south and southeastern Europe from where it dispersed in different directions. Furthermore, it may be envisioned that the observed E3b1 α frequency distribution in Anatolia might stem from a back migration originating in south and southeastern Europe.
                    http://vetinari.sitesled.com/slavic.pdf

p.s. Just a reminder: Cruciani's E3b1 alpha is not the same as FTDNA's E3b1a (M148)
                    Last edited by Victor; 1 June 2006, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Someone else or Victor already explained your questions. I assume I belong to alpha cluster, but I could of course also be of beta or delta cluster, according to the info from this link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....g/YCC_E3b.html. When will FTDNA be able to tell you the clusters? Do other haplogroups and their subclades also have clusters?

As I anyhow get most 12/12 and 11/12 matches in percent from both Italy and Greece, I believe I am alpha cluster. From other Balkan countries I get some, but none from Albania.

I mostly made the test in order to be sure that I am not E3b M81, of possibly Berber origin, which could be the case if you are from Spain or Italy (Sicily). I suppose my deep ancestors came from Greece direct to Spain or via Italy to Spain. Greece is actually my favourite country, have been there six times on holiday. And I happen to be Greek Orthodox.

My 12 markers give me actually more information about deep ancestors than my 25 markers. I have three 23/25 matches, one from France and two from Germany, it doesn't tell me to much.
                      Last edited by LeoLoS; 1 June 2006, 04:41 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeoLoS]
                        I mostly made the test in order to be sure that I am not E3b M81, of possibly Berber origin, which could be the case if you are from Spain or Italy (Sicily). /QUOTE]

Why not being of Moorish descent?

Al Andalus was a highly developed society while the European nobility was living in a rubbish dump.

Comment

New Test Results from Batch 146

My deep E3b test came in yesterday.

It showed: E3b1

M35+ M78+ M96+ P2+ M107- M123- M136- M165- M2- M281- M34- M81-

I guess this throws me in there with the M78 crowd. I have a wide swath of RAO countries including representatives from Latin areas. There's a 12/12 from the Ukraine and a few 11/12 matches from mostly eastern and southern Europe. I'll follow threads and web sites about E3b1 and M78 now to get more of an education on that it all means.

Comment

[QUOTE=robe3b]
                            I mostly made the test in order to be sure that I am not E3b M81, of possibly Berber origin, which could be the case if you are from Spain or Italy (Sicily). /QUOTE]

Why not being of Moorish descent?

Al Andalus was a highly developed society while the European nobility was living in a rubbish dump.
                            On the contrary, it could be quite interesting. But it seemed to me from my RAO that I am M78, anyhow I wanted to be sure of that. Still, cluster beta and delta from M78 could be associated with Moorish origin. But this should mean a migration pattern from North West Africa, not from Balkan.

Comment

On the contrary, it could be quite interesting. But it seemed to me from my RAO that I am M78, anyhow I wanted to be sure of that. Still, cluster beta and delta from M78 could be associated with Moorish origin. But this should mean a migration pattern from North West Africa, not from Balkan.
                              I'm sorry, I misunderstood your comment.
                              Regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X