Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing for One SNP

HI,

I want to roll the dice on four of my Y37>Y67 GD4 matches ( at my expense) to see if they are possibly a match for my BigY R-Z57 > R-S1491. It won't get me a home run for my tree, but at least I will have a strong reason to consider Big Y for them.

Can I order a single SNP like this (paying into a Group and having them order using the money). If so, what is the cost of a single SNP. $39 rings a bell but can't see that anywhere right now.

Thanks for reading.

I can't really answer some of these questions but I can help you get to the SNP tests on the website:

https://www.familytreedna.com/upgrades.aspx?ot=ADV

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
      HI,

I want to roll the dice on four of my Y37>Y67 GD4 matches ( at my expense) to see if they are possibly a match for my BigY R-Z57 > R-S1491. It won't get me a home run for my tree, but at least I will have a strong reason to consider Big Y for them.

Can I order a single SNP like this (paying into a Group and having them order using the money). If so, what is the cost of a single SNP. $39 rings a bell but can't see that anywhere right now.

Thanks for reading.
      S1491 is 39.00 USD.

I was able to select it for order, from a R1b tree (select Haplotree & SNPs from the main kit page). But I was not able to see it when using the Upgrade link (and then Advanced Tests, then Test Type=SNP).

Mr W

P.S.
      I know it would be 119 (some are 99) and not 39, but it may be a good value for the money to order a relevant SNP pack. If there is none that would be good for you, ask in the forum, may be there is one in making.

Comment

Working...
      X