16126c, 16153a, 16294t, 16296t, 16519c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16126c, 16153a, 16294t, 16296t, 16519c

I am T5 (Tara Clan), 16126c, 16153a, 16294t, 16296t, HOWEVER i have an added 16519C which is apparently part of the H haplogroup (Helena). Can anyone explain this to me?
    Nat Geographic tells me T is common in the Russian Baltic area about 10k years ago, however I see it's 17k years ago in the Northern Italy area on other sites. On the other hand, H is common in Southern France and England about 17k years ago.
    Most people I see either have one or the other, but not both like me. Can anyone explain how this happens?
    Thanks!

16519C mutation

I am T5 too, except that I have a couple more mutations, in addition to the ones that you have. My additional mutations are 16189C and 16274A. I do have the 16519C mutation that you have.

It's true that this mutation is found in H, but it's a very common mutation and is found in several haplogroups. So you can be sure that, with the mutations that you have, you are T5. It doesn't mean that you are some sort of hybrid H-T5.

Mike Maddi

Comment

to Mike

Mike:

Thanks for the clarification!

BTW, since you seem to know a lot (more than me anyway) about all this, and we have similar mutations, is there anything you found to be interesting (historical, health - positive or otherwise) you can tell me about our sequence?

How do I do the extended version of it, like you did?

Janet

Comment

Your questions

Originally posted by janmarbol
        Mike:

Thanks for the clarification!

BTW, since you seem to know a lot (more than me anyway) about all this, and we have similar mutations, is there anything you found to be interesting (historical, health - positive or otherwise) you can tell me about our sequence?

How do I do the extended version of it, like you did?

Janet
        Janet,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I returned last week from working out of town and am still trying to catch up, including getting my new laptop loaded up with the programs I need. Here are the answers to your questions.

I'm much more knowledgeable about my yDNA haplogroup, R1b, and haven't found out a whole lot about the T5 mtDNA haplogroup. You've probably read the same little write-up about T5 that FTDNA sent to me. Here's what it says: "The mitochondrial haplogroup T is best characterized as a European lineage. With an origin in the Near East greater than 45,000 years ago, the major sub-lineages of haplogroup T entered Europe around the time of the Neolithic 10,000 years ago. Once in Europe, these sub-lineages underwent a dramatic expansion associated with the arrival of agriculture in Europe. Individuals bearing the haplogroup T5 lineage likely participated in the Neolithic expansion."

Then I did a search online for T5 and found this page, about the most informative one about T5 I found - http://www.u.arizona.edu/~bedford/mi...%20posting.htm This page reports that T5 is thought to have started about 10,000 years ago and participated in the expansion of agriculture in Europe. I thought I read somewhere that T5 started in Italy, central part I think. That's interesting to me because my maternal line is from southern Italy and a close match to me has ancestors from northern Italy. Here's a posting about that I did on the Genealogy-DNA list - http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read...-11/1133410840 Here is another thread last month on this message board which is specifically about T5 - http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1558

By extended sequence, I think you mean the test of HVR2. If you were tested by the Genographic Project, you only had the test for HVR1. In order to test HVR2, you have to upload your results to Family Tree DNA, for free, and then order an upgrade to HVR2 on your FTDNA personal page, which will cost you money. If you're already a customer of FTDNA, just directly order the HVR2 upgrade from your personal page by clicking on the link "Order Tests" near the top of the page and choosing the HVR2 test from the pulldown menu at the bottom of the page.

If you haven't already uploaded your mtDNA results to mitosearch.org, do that from your personal page at FTDNA, for free. That will allow you to compare results with other T5's who have uploaded there. Here's a list of the results for the 29 T5's there now - http://www.mitosearch.org/haplosearc...&submit=Search

Mike

Comment

thanks, Mike!

Thanks so much for all the info you've provided me. I will certainly keep in touch and let you know.

Janet

Comment

Another T5 checking in

Dear Janet and Mike:

Just got results from Genographic (T) as amended by FTDNA (T5)--Janet, I have exactly the same HVR1 mutations as you (126C, 153A, 294T, 296T, 519C). I've just ordered the HVR2 refinement, since I'm caught up in the DNA madness of the moment!

My earliest known maternal ancestor is Elizabeth Earle, b in County Derry, Ireland ca 1810 and d in New York City 1851. She is one of my brick walls right now, though I've recently found out that the name in Northern Ireland is also spelled "Arrell" and may originate in the Tayside area of Scotland.

Fun!

Terry

Comment

dutchlines, so sorry

a year later and i am answering- never got notification of your post.. wow, so we are the same t5! did you ever order your hvr2 refinement? i haven't :-( tell me your results...

Comment

Originally posted by dutchlines View Post
                Dear Janet and Mike:

Just got results from Genographic (T) as amended by FTDNA (T5)--Janet, I have exactly the same HVR1 mutations as you (126C, 153A, 294T, 296T, 519C). I've just ordered the HVR2 refinement, since I'm caught up in the DNA madness of the moment!

My earliest known maternal ancestor is Elizabeth Earle, b in County Derry, Ireland ca 1810 and d in New York City 1851. She is one of my brick walls right now, though I've recently found out that the name in Northern Ireland is also spelled "Arrell" and may originate in the Tayside area of Scotland.

Fun!

Terry

Here is my HVR1 and 2

HVR1: 16126C, 16153A, 16294T, 16296T, 16519C
                HVR2: 73G, 150T, 263G, 309.1C, 315.1C, 522-, 523-

Comment

Working...
                X