X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinda
    Hi Stevo & others,
    I can relate (pun intended) to all of you,
    I did not grow up with my father's family, so I had nothing to go on but a surname. And that turned out to be wrong!
    I have hit the proverbial "brick wall" at David L. May, my 4th ggrandfather born in KY about 1802.
    I think, anyway.
    I joined the May surname project after locating my father's (who is deceased)
    brother who gave me a sample.
    We did match another man, but he knows less than I do about our genealogy.
    I know I'm better off than most since I do know my maiden name.
    I'm just waiting for a match to someone who has a paper trail.
    I have been looking for years,too!
    And, I've spent MANY dollars in genetic testing.
    And here's a side note of intrest: my paternal haplogroup is J2.
    So, most of the participants in our project will never match. Most are R1b or I. And I belong to the J2 project as well. We have been SNP'd, &
    I'm now waiting for results of J2 deep sub clade testing.
    So... I wait!
    Good luck,
    Cinda
    Good luck to you, too, Cinda.

J2 is fascinating.

I've been wondering: does J2 mean descent from Abraham?

It would seem so to me.

That would be awesome, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Lincoln wasn't born then.

My g-g- grandfather came to this Island. i was hoping to match with others who still reside in the olde country.

Comment

Hey Stevo

I am in a particular situation, also, my paper trail ended in indiana, my ggggrandfather William Bryant (Briant) was born in just Kentucky...alot of state to cover, plus notice the name changing...I tried going through the crockett lineage also whom my family is married into...but to no avail i am stuck...I am new here at the DNA...there are several nice projects, I am at a lose of which to participate in, But I am glad to meet you and hope you have headway on tracing the ancestry....roger

Comment

Originally posted by roger.bryant
          I am in a particular situation, also, my paper trail ended in indiana, my ggggrandfather William Bryant (Briant) was born in just Kentucky...alot of state to cover, plus notice the name changing...I tried going through the crockett lineage also whom my family is married into...but to no avail i am stuck...I am new here at the DNA...there are several nice projects, I am at a lose of which to participate in, But I am glad to meet you and hope you have headway on tracing the ancestry....roger
          Thanks, Roger. I wish you success, as well.

I guess our families were in the same neck of the woods: the Ohio River Valley.

Since Y-DNA is passed only from father to son, your surname project should probably be your main focus.

If you can talk some males in your other family lines into being tested, you can find out about them, too.

MtDNA will give you info on your female line straight back: your mom--her mom--her mom, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X