Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be gained from siblings doing the basic FF test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be gained from siblings doing the basic FF test?

I'm still on a learning curve as far as the science of DNA testing so I have a few questions. I have done the basic FF test and have my results. I have discovered and been in contact with 3 cousins who were all from my mother's side who were put up for adoption by unwed mothers.

I understand that siblings get random DNA from their parents but is there anything to be gained by them doing the test? Will it show any other matches that I don't have?

Also, I am thinking I will do the Y37 test as I am the only male in my family and would like to see more on my father's male line of ancestors. I have also considered doing the full Mt-full sequence. Would there be any benefit for one of my sisters to do that test instead of me?

Originally posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    I'm still on a learning curve as far as the science of DNA testing so I have a few questions. I have done the basic FF test and have my results. I have discovered and been in contact with 3 cousins who were all from my mother's side who were put up for adoption by unwed mothers.

I understand that siblings get random DNA from their parents but is there anything to be gained by them doing the test? Will it show any other matches that I don't have?

Also, I am thinking I will do the Y37 test as I am the only male in my family and would like to see more on my father's male line of ancestors. I have also considered doing the full Mt-full sequence. Would there be any benefit for one of my sisters to do that test instead of me?
    Yes, your siblings will get matches that you don't have, and with all of your contributions together, a lot of directions should be clearer.

Look for the best deal for combined pricing as either you or your sisters can do the FMS if you all have the same mother.

Comment

Working...
    X