Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Positive for M343 ?

Hi Guys :

Would be requesting you for your expertise. My Y haplo group have been recently classified as R-Z2976 and to be in this haplo, one has to be positive in the upstream SNP M343.
    My Tree on FTDNA shows that I am presumed positive for it.
    (Please see attachment)

My raw Nat Geo File shows that I am CC for M343 and when I checked the mutation for M343 at the link below, it came out that the mutation for M343 is C->A ( Please check screenshot)

Please confirm if I am positive for SNP343.

http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNA_SNP_Index.html
    Attached Files

I would say yes you most likely are going to be positive for M343. Why does it matter? If you want to do more SNP testing, you could consider a Big Y test. They are on sale until the 26th of April.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
      I would say yes you most likely are going to be positive for M343. Why does it matter? If you want to do more SNP testing, you could consider a Big Y test. They are on sale until the 26th of April.
      Umm, no he is not positive for M343. He has an allele of C for M343 which means he is ancestral which means negative.

Also notice that all of this R1b SNPs are amber (presumed positive) and not green (tested positive).

The allele from Geno 2.0 shows as CC because the Illumina test is designed to also work with autosomal DNA which looks for two alleles. For the Y-DNA it shows two identical allele results but most Y-DNA SNPs only have one allele.

This is why I have been complaining about the NatGeo Geno 2.0 NextGen test and the transfer problems at FTDNA.

Luckily, jatt2016 had already posted at Anthrogenica and was well taken care of there and the issue has been reported to both FTDNA and Genographic and they told him the issue will be corrected in two weeks, or some wording to that effect, but since both FTDNA and Genographic have a problem meeting deadlines I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't fixed for everyone.
      Last edited by Armando; 24 April 2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X