Taken all tests, but have Native American questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken all tests, but have Native American questions

My brother and I (female) have taken all the FTDNA tests (see below) yet I don't know if any of these include any or all Native American markers.

I've taken the Family Finder and Full Mito Sequence.
    My brother has taken the Family Finder, BigY, and Y-111.

Our Maternal Haplogroup is H1
    His Paternal Haplogroup is U152>L2>FGC14641>BY3490.

Are there any Native American markers we need to test for separately, or are they included in our above tests?

The Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups are found in Europeans so it is they do not have a Native American origin.

You should upload the Family Finder files to Gedmatch and see if you have more than 2% Native American/Amerindian in the Admixture calculators. If you have Native American/Amerindian ancestry between 0.1-2.0% then it can be due to noise and more than likely it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      The Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups are found in Europeans so it is they do not have a Native American origin.

You should upload the Family Finder files to Gedmatch and see if you have more than 2% Native American/Amerindian in the Admixture calculators. If you have Native American/Amerindian ancestry between 0.1-2.0% then it can be due to noise and more than likely it is.
      What if a person such as the OP had phased triangulation with full blood Native Americans and Clovis Anzick?

Comment

Working...
      X