Mothers Mtdna M1a1a her sisters is X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Mtdna M1a1a her sisters is X

How it is possible that 2 sisters have different MTdna ?? They both had the same mother - my mother also had her results from gentree show as an M1, my dna and mtdna - and my aunts mtdna were done by family tree. Is it possible her test was an error and how to I find out. Is it possible for family tree to rerun her test ?? My e-mail is *deleted for privacy reasons*
    Last edited by Darren; 8 December 2015, 08:58 PM. Reason: Recommend not posting personal email but inviting a private message instead

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    How it is possible that 2 sisters have different MTdna ?? They both had the same mother - my mother also had her results from gentree show as an M1, my dna and mtdna - and my aunts mtdna were done by family tree. Is it possible her test was an error and how to I find out. Is it possible for family tree to rerun her test ?? My e-mail is [email protected]
    FTDNA will rerun any test for full price. If an error is found they will provide a refund based on the error.

When you say HER, do you mean your mother or your aunt?

Your information with be much clearer if you said something like:

My mtDNA Haplogroup, tested at ---- is ---.
    My mother's haplogroup, tested at --- is ---.
    My mother's sister's haplogroup, tested at --- is ---.

Anyone tested more than once would be listed more than once. Of course you need to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Can you please send me a private message with more information including the kit numbers in question? I would be happy to take a look.
      -Darren
      Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
      X