Clear All

• RobertaMarques
    replied
    Thank you for your replies.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    I agree with Ann, you would need multiple family members to successfully build a Grandparents file (phased file of parent)

I assume, if you just used yours and your mothers, it will look at what you received from your mother and assign it to one Grandparent and what you did not receive as the other grandparent, each of these will be a mixture of her paternal and maternal.

Just keep that in mind, each individual matching segments will possibly be real in each of mothers phased files but one segment in one file on a certain chromosome maybe to one Grandparent while another non overlapping segment in same file and chromosome maybe the other Grandparent.

Admixtures for each file will be a combination of both also.

EDIT
    You will probably get the same result if you use Gedmatch's phasing utility and set your kit as mother and mothers kit as child.
    Last edited by prairielad; 25 November 2015, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    I agree with Ann, you would need multiple family members to successfully build a Grandparents file (phased file of parent)

but If you want to load an X file you can create a dummy file containing all no calls by opening an X Raw Data file in Notepad and then replace all A, C, G, and T's with - , then save as a new name as a .csv file
    (Ctrl+H and Replace All)
    Last edited by prairielad; 25 November 2015, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ann Turner
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertaMarques View Post
    Hello,

Actually they would be my grandparents.

I have my mom autosomal and x results that I got from ftdna. Usina a y-str.com tool, I phased the autosomal, creating my grandmother and grandfather autosomal. The problem is that I can't upload to gedmatch as it also requires the x-file.

Any ideas on what to do with these files? Can I use the same x-file (unphased) for both of them?
    I'm skeptical that the file has any utility. For the most reliable results, you need a child and both parents. Even if you have all three parties, Felix's utility presents results in an unconventional format in many cases.

Leave a comment:

• RobertaMarques
    started a topic Where can I upload my phased parents file

Where can I upload my phased parents file

Hello,

Actually they would be my grandparents.

I have my mom autosomal and x results that I got from ftdna. Usina a y-str.com tool, I phased the autosomal, creating my grandmother and grandfather autosomal. The problem is that I can't upload to gedmatch as it also requires the x-file.

Any ideas on what to do with these files? Can I use the same x-file (unphased) for both of them?
Working...
X