Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take for ftdna to receive kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take for ftdna to receive kits?

on 10/17, i took the dna kit i ordered from ftdna to my grandparents house so my grandpa can get a cheeck swab sample from my grandma. based on text my aunt sent my mom on the 20th, it insinuated that my grandpa got a sample from my grandma that day. so presumably, they sent the kit in the mail during that week. how long would it take ftdna to receive that kit?

If they got a Tracking Number, use it to help you stay calm.
    Otherwise - deep breaths, try to focus on something else.
    If when log in for that kit, it still shows no arrival after 3 weeks from time sent - ask the question again.

There is frequently a hold-up at the Houston Post Office, but usually eventually kit does arrive.

Comment

how long does it take for ftdna to receive kits?

I just posted another thread, essentially about the same. It is exactly three weeks. The kit was received at Houston P.O. on the 15th. Since that time, no news. What does a "holdup" mean? How many days?

Comment

I answered your other post. It has not been 3 weeks for you. You have only waited 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kora View Post
          I just posted another thread, essentially about the same. It is exactly three weeks. The kit was received at Houston P.O. on the 15th. Since that time, no news. What does a "holdup" mean? How many days?
          As I understand it, the kits are not delivered to FTDNA as soon as they are received by the local Post Office for Zip Code 77008. Rather they are tossed into a dedicated FTDNA mail bag and delivered when the bag is full ... "batched delivery". Nevertheless, the USPS tracking system may show them as delivered when they are tossed into the bag. And if the bag fills slowly, it will take awhile to reach FTDNA.

Comment

I live about 150 miles north of the "North Houston" distribution center. All of our mail (in coming and out going) passes through this center. When I have been tracking mail, going either way, I have watched it sit in this center for days. It isn't just FTDNA's mail that gets stuck in Houston.

This is how the USPS works (or doesn't work)!

Comment

Working...
            X