R-U106 Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-U106 Panel

Does anyone have the time line on when the U-106 panel test will become available?

The project administrators are in the last stages of putting together a proposal for several panels that will cover all of U106. That will be presented to FTDNA before the end of this month.

Once FTDNA has the proposal and amends it in whatever way they need to, I don't know the turnaround time for them to validate which SNPs will work and which won't so that they can offer it. My guess is that, optimistically, the U106 panels will be available by about late September, but I could be off on that. Members of the R1b-U106 Project should not order the R1b-M343 backbone panel. That panel is meant for those who don't know their subclade downstream of M269.

Anyone who's in the R1b-U106 Project knows their subclade at least as far as U106 and would be wasting money on the backbone panel. Wait for the U106 panels, which will help you get further downstream from your present known subclade, unless you've already taken the Big Y test. If you have Big Y results, in most cases these panels will not get you down any farther.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      The project administrators are in the last stages of putting together a proposal for several panels that will cover all of U106. That will be presented to FTDNA before the end of this month.

Once FTDNA has the proposal and amends it in whatever way they need to, I don't know the turnaround time for them to validate which SNPs will work and which won't so that they can offer it. My guess is that, optimistically, the U106 panels will be available by about late September, but I could be off on that. Members of the R1b-U106 Project should not order the R1b-M343 backbone panel. That panel is meant for those who don't know their subclade downstream of M269.

Anyone who's in the R1b-U106 Project knows their subclade at least as far as U106 and would be wasting money on the backbone panel. Wait for the U106 panels, which will help you get further downstream from your present known subclade, unless you've already taken the Big Y test. If you have Big Y results, in most cases these panels will not get you down any farther.
      I recently tested Y-111, and L493+ not sure what my next move should be. I see several snps in Fusia under L493.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        I recently tested Y-111, and L493+ not sure what my next move should be. I see several snps in Fusia under L493.
        I just looked at your haplotree. The SNPs in fuschsia you see there (for instance, Z156) are not on the same branch of U106 as L493 is on. In other words, by definition, you would test negative for any fuschsia SNP not on your branch.

If the backbone pack doesn't include any SNPs below L493 (and it doesn't), you would be wasting your money to order it. Wait for the U106 panel for L47 (your branch of U106) to come out. If we have SNPs in that pack downstream from L493, then it may be worth the money to order that.

Feel free to consult with the U106 administrators once the U106 packs are available.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
          I just looked at your haplotree. The SNPs in fuschsia you see there (for instance, Z156) are not on the same branch of U106 as L493 is on. In other words, by definition, you would test negative for any fuschsia SNP not on your branch.

If the backbone pack doesn't include any SNPs below L493 (and it doesn't), you would be wasting your money to order it. Wait for the U106 panel for L47 (your branch of U106) to come out. If we have SNPs in that pack downstream from L493, then it may be worth the money to order that.

Feel free to consult with the U106 administrators once the U106 packs are available.
          Thanks MMaddi, that is the explanation I needed!

Comment

Working...
          X