Native Origins and GEDmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Origins and GEDmatch

I'm very new to this and would love insight. I've uploaded my kit to gedmatch (F334678 )and wanted to check my admixture but I have no idea what to run it against, what an oracle means or how each of these things are different. I would love to get an idea of my family migration.
    I'm very excited by my Native percentages I'm seeing!
    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robinfstl; 30 July 2015, 01:19 AM.

Originally posted by Robinfstl View Post
    I'm very new to this and would love insight. I've uploaded my kit to gedmatch (F334678 )and wanted to check my admixture but I have no idea what to run it against, what an oracle means or how each of these things are different. I would love to get an idea of my family migration.
    I'm very excited by my Native percentages I'm seeing!
    Thank you in advance!
    Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 4-Ancestors Oracle
    Clovis (F999919) 12,500ybp, Q-Z780,D4h3a.
    # Population Percent
    1 Amerindian 88.51
    2 Siberian 4.58
    3 Eastern_Euro 3.52
    4 Southeast_Asian 1.63

Using 4 populations approximation:
    1 Anzick-1 + Pima + Pima + Pima @ 2.099648

Comment

Here is a one to one comparison with Clovis and you at gedmatch.
      Minimum threshold size to be included in total = 150 SNPs
      Mismatch-bunching Limit = 75 SNPs
      Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 1.5 cM

Largest segment = 7.3 cM
      Total of segments > 1.5 cM = 1,023.1 cM

Clovis died 12,500 ybp.

http://www.y-str.org/2014/09/clovis-anzick-dna.html

Comment

I have read about Clovis before, but what exactly do Eurogenes and Oracles mean, and how do the various tests compare? My percentages are always different.
        Also what does [email protected] mean.
        Sorry for the amateur questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
          Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 4-Ancestors Oracle
          Clovis (F999919) 12,500ybp, Q-Z780,D4h3a.
          # Population Percent
          1 Amerindian 88.51
          2 Siberian 4.58
          3 Eastern_Euro 3.52
          4 Southeast_Asian 1.63

Using 4 populations approximation:
          1 Anzick-1 + Pima + Pima + Pima @ 2.099648
          That amount is slightly inflated. She is actually closer to 75% Native American, 9% African, and 16% Spanish when using the other calculators that match the ethnicities of people with well documented ancestry.

The Gedmatch calculators, just like any other of the companies, aren't any good at finding actual tribal connections because they don't have enough tribes tested throughout all of the Americas. Even through there are some Mexican, Central American, and South American tribes tested they are too few. One of the closest matches to Anzick at Gedmatch is from Peru.
          Last edited by Armando; 30 July 2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
            Here is a one to one comparison with Clovis and you at gedmatch.
            Minimum threshold size to be included in total = 150 SNPs
            Mismatch-bunching Limit = 75 SNPs
            Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 1.5 cM

Largest segment = 7.3 cM
            Total of segments > 1.5 cM = 1,023.1 cM

Clovis died 12,500 ybp.

http://www.y-str.org/2014/09/clovis-anzick-dna.html
            Nobody should ever use such minute amounts to find common segments to Clovis even if they do have large amounts of Native American DNA. Since DNA has a limited amount of possible combinations of nitrogen bases there are bound to be matches with almost anyone in such a limited number of SNPs and cM.

Comment

75 is closer to what FTDNA and ancestry say, about 80%. None of my matches on either or the majority of people I've talked to from where I was adopted have such high percentages, that's what peaked my interest. Most are at about 20%.

Comment

75 is closer to what FTDNA and ancestry say, about 80%. None of my matches on either or the majority of people I've talked to from where I was adopted have such high percentages, that's what peaked my interest. Most are at about 20%.
                Will you post your full ethnicity results from FTDNA and Ancestry for a better comparison with Gedmatch?

Comment

Sure tried screen shoting my results but the forums take awhile to approve that I guess.
                  I can't get my Ancestry results on my phone for some reason, the site won't let me look at them. But it was something like
                  Native American: 80-82% margin
                  East Asia: 10%
                  African: 9%

FTDNA:
                  New World: 53%
                  European: 20%
                  -western and central- 10%
                  -Finland and Siberia- 9%
                  -British isles-1%
                  East Asia:17%
                  -northeast Asia-17%
                  African-11%
                  -west African-9%
                  East central-1%
                  South-central-1%

I've been told by FTDNA that for native to combine new world, northern Siberia and northeast Asia.

Comment

Also, just for reference I did the MTDNA and my results are Haplogroup - A2-C64T. Extra mutations:

315.1C
                    T3150C
                    G3918A
                    T4418C
                    A7124R
                    G11016A
                    T14783C
                    A16299G
                    C16519T
                    And the Marker test D9s919 and had a value of 10-19

Comment

Sure tried screen shoting my results but the forums take awhile to approve that I guess.
                      I can't get my Ancestry results on my phone for some reason, the site won't let me look at them. But it was something like
                      Native American: 80-82% margin
                      East Asia: 10%
                      African: 9%

FTDNA:
                      New World: 53%
                      European: 20%
                      -western and central- 10%
                      -Finland and Siberia- 9%
                      -British isles-1%
                      East Asia:17%
                      -northeast Asia-17%
                      African-11%
                      -west African-9%
                      East central-1%
                      South-central-1%

I've been told by FTDNA that for native to combine new world, northern Siberia and northeast Asia.
                      Yes, for Native American combine New world, Northern Siberia and Northeast Asia. We shouldn't have to do that though. They should make it more like 23andme where the East Asian and Native American is together and nothing is assigned as Siberian.

I bet at 23andme that you would get some Iberian. At Ancestry and FTDNA it doesn't even look like you have Spanish ancestry. With all of your Hispanic matches at Gedmatch and the components that you get at Gedmatch it is extremely likely that you also have Spanish ancestry. At least with FTDNA you got 11% European that isn't from Siberia. It's not common for FTDNA to be better than Ancestry at the ethnicity amounts but it looks like they were this time.

Comment

Also, just for reference I did the MTDNA and my results are Haplogroup - A2-C64T. Extra mutations:

315.1C
                        T3150C
                        G3918A
                        T4418C
                        A7124R
                        G11016A
                        T14783C
                        A16299G
                        C16519T
                        And the Marker test D9s919 and had a value of 10-19
                        Robin, I'm not up on Native American mtDNA haplogroups. Of course that is just your maternal line, but what tribe or group do you think that leads you back to.

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt

Comment

I don't know, I'm adopted and am just learning about all this. I'm ok with never learning about my exact tribe, I'm not trying to join one or benefit off it. I just love the idea of learning all I possibly can. Because in adopted I unfortunately can only do the MTDNA test.
                          Because I'm new to this I have limited knowledge into how much can be told through all these groups, mutations, markers, etc. I haven't gotten lucky with any matches that are showing closer than 3-4 generations.

Comment

I have read about Clovis before, but what exactly do Eurogenes and Oracles mean, and how do the various tests compare? My percentages are always different.
                            Also what does [email protected] mean.
                            Sorry for the amateur questions.
                            "Using 4 populations approximation:
                            1 Anzick-1 + Pima + Pima + Pima @ 2.099648"

Clovis is close to these four populations. The lower the number the better the match.

Comment

I don't know, I'm adopted and am just learning about all this. I'm ok with never learning about my exact tribe, I'm not trying to join one or benefit off it. I just love the idea of learning all I possibly can. Because in adopted I unfortunately can only do the MTDNA test.
                              Because I'm new to this I have limited knowledge into how much can be told through all these groups, mutations, markers, etc. I haven't gotten lucky with any matches that are showing closer than 3-4 generations.
                              were you adopted from another country or were you born in the country you grew up in?

Comment

Working...
                              X