I'm Lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I just received my Mom's mtDNAPlus data. I'm getting the info because she is not hooked up to the internet! Kucky me but I do find this all very interesting! My questionis I don't get what I'm supposed to do with the info! She is a Halpo-K with 5 mutations(?) 187t, 224c, 293g, 311c, 519c. How do I decipher all this? I visited the mitosearch.org and found similar numbers but are these people related with one match or two or what? How do I figure out what % of my Mom's DNA is Swedish or German or What? The HVR2 data is not ready so I'm waiting for that.

Thanks for any help! I'm sure the answers are probably right in front of me but I'm not seeing them! Thanks!

SWG

Originally posted by SWG
    Hi! I just received my Mom's mtDNAPlus data. I'm getting the info because she is not hooked up to the internet! Kucky me but I do find this all very interesting! My questionis I don't get what I'm supposed to do with the info! She is a Halpo-K with 5 mutations(?) 187t, 224c, 293g, 311c, 519c. How do I decipher all this? I visited the mitosearch.org and found similar numbers but are these people related with one match or two or what? How do I figure out what % of my Mom's DNA is Swedish or German or What? The HVR2 data is not ready so I'm waiting for that.

Thanks for any help! I'm sure the answers are probably right in front of me but I'm not seeing them! Thanks!

SWG
    Hi SWG. First of all, welcome to K. Of your five mutations, 224C, 311C and 519C are common to virtually all K's. (By the way, if you do any research on HVR1 mutations, you might need to use their full names: 16224C, 16311C and 16519C.) The other two are pretty rare, which is why I only see one low-resolution (HVR1-only) match for you on mitosearch. You probably should wait until you get the HVR2 results; then if you still match, contact that person, whose origin is listed as Unknown.

While you are waiting you might want to join our mtDNA Haplogroup K Project. Use the blue Join button in your FTDNA personal page. Our website has several links to information on K. See:
    http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtDNA_K/

Remember that mtDNA only gives you information on line, so there is no percentage involved.

Hope this helps.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Working...
    X