Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleen
    replied
    Thank you so much! I'll definitely ask if they can double check the number.

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeP View Post
    I would suggest having ftdna check your values before assuming that the 9 is correct ...
    Certainly worth a query to FTDNA.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    @Colleen

Errors do happen. Computer glitches, human omissions etc. cannot be eliminated, thus for my family research I am trying to test cousins, siblings or even children after a parent has already tested, to have chance in spotting problems mentioned by user MikeP.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
    Double-checking is very natural. In some sense you just did that, by asking in the forum and not blindly accepting the results .

Leave a comment:

• MikeP
    replied
    p.s. the poster's value was shown as an outlier by comparison with other members of a project (who should have been close matches), not because the entered value does not exist elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• MikeP
    replied
    I remember a post not too long ago where somebody had an outlier count like this. Ultimately it proved to be an entry error on ftdna's part. From what I understand, ftdna manually enters your results into the computer. So key errors are possible. I would suggest having ftdna check your values before assuming that the 9 is correct ...

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    AFAIK, DYS426 is not considered a fast mutating marker.

According to these stats, counts of 11 & 12 are the most common:

http://www.smgf.org/ychromosome/mark...?marker=DYS426

So yes, a count of 9 is pretty rare, but it's not unique either.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    An administrator from your project would be the best person to ask that question.

If they are not available (holidays etc.), please come back here.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
    Any, any marker can change in any generation. The fact that some markers change much more often and some significantly less often, only changes probabilities. Thus in general (without going into your specific situation) a difference in a single marker might make some situations less probable, but not necessarily exclude or prove anything.

Leave a comment:

• Colleen
    started a topic Tota DNA newbie- rare number for 426

Tota DNA newbie- rare number for 426

It seems that my dad tested a 9 for 426. Everyone else I see, literally, is 12 with an occasional 11 or 13. Could anyone help explain what that might mean? We are part of the Clan Donald USA project. Seems really odd.

Thank you,
    Colleen McConnell Bergthold
Working...
X