Adding Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Kits

I live in Canada. I want to order a kit for a relative who lives in the US, and have it sent to that person. We have reason to believe she is not blood, but a child given to the family. How do we do this so we can both see the results? She is quite elderly and learning something new like this will be a real challenge for her, but she is most anxious to know. She also wants to be able to see those results with her own eyes.

If you order the kit, you can set up the account any way you want to. You do have to do separate accounts for every kit, but you can have the same e-mail/passwords. If you set up the account, you can send her the kit number and password, but make sure she knows not to change the password or you won't be able to access it. Also, make sure you set up yourself as a beneficiary. She could change that if she logs on, but hopefully she won't. I am using same e-mail/password for all accounts, but using my "name for xyz" as as the individual name so they know they are contacting someone other than the kit donor. I am also e-mailing information to my family, instead of giving everyone access to their accounts. Right now that would be my parents, children, and husband... none of whom can manage their own yet. I am sure in a few years my kids will want access to theirs, but my husband is not tech savy and my dad has no interest. My mom might, but she has little access to internet outside of work.

Comment

When you order the Kit, you can put your e-mail with your info as person ordering the Kit, and her e-mail with info for person to send the Kit to. That way you will both be sent the Kit Number and Password.

And/or you can put your own e-mail along with her mailing info as person to send Kit to -- and then add her e-mail as secondary e-mail -- again, you will both be sent the Kit Number and Password, and in addition, you will both be sent most other messages as well.

Personally, I always figure anybody being kind enough to test for me has the right to have their e-mail included - their option whether as Primary e-mail or as secondary e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
        Personally, I always figure anybody being kind enough to test for me has the right to have their e-mail included - their option whether as Primary e-mail or as secondary e-mail.
        That is definitely true. For my family who tested though... it is my children, the oldest is 18, my husband (who only knows what he needs to know on the computer), my dad (who I have never seen on a computer), and my mom. My mom is the only one who might want access to her own account, but as I said before, she has minimal access to internet outside of work. My older two will want access to their accounts soon... but I don't want people contacting either of them until they are ready.

Comment

Working...
        X