Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y37 results came in (E-L117), what are the next steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y37 results came in (E-L117), what are the next steps?

Hello there,

I am a newbie that got yesterday his Y37 results (E-L117) and it shows 49 matches at 12 markers but none at 25 and 37, see attachment. Does that mean that it makes no sense to go any further and upgrade to Y67 as the next step?
    Attached Files

First, look at your Y-DNA Haplogroup Origins page. Do at least some of your matches belong to E-V13, E-V36, E-L142, or E-L542 ? These are all the same (or close to it)--they all designate the most common form of E in Europe.

If indeed you belong to this most common European E, I must unfortunately say that FTDNA does not yet offer a SNP Pack for E-V13. Instead, I must suggest an alternate vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
      First, look at your Y-DNA Haplogroup Origins page. Do at least some of your matches belong to E-V13, E-V36, E-L142, or E-L542 ?
      Here you go:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by E19463 View Post
        Here you go:
        Oh, it is written: "Attachments Pending Approval"
        I never had this before. Strange!

Comment

If indeed you belong to this most common European E, I must unfortunately say that FTDNA does not yet offer a SNP Pack for E-V13. Instead, I must suggest an alternate vendor.
          I was told by Denis Savard (the admin from E-M35 Forum) that indeed I am V13, he wrote:
          "Yes, testing further STRs (67, 111) is pointless unless you have matches []. But from your results, you are E-V13, one of the large branches of E-M35 (= M117). You should ask the way forward in this forum, where the V13 experts hang out: http://community.haplozone.net/index.php?board=16.0 I think they have a more specific E-V13 project too."

So the journey continues...

Comment

Instead, I must suggest an alternate vendor.
            That sure looks like a embedded link to another company. I didn't think we were allowed to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
              That sure looks like a embedded link to another company. I didn't think we were allowed to do that.
              I am sure FTDNA has other & much more urgent problems, see in the "Grumbles & Gripes" section all the angry feedbacks about the delays - and it does not seem to get any better but it looks rather that it gets worser day by day.

BTW: How long will it take to approve my attachments in this thread, dear FTDNA?

Comment

Just because you think they have other more important problems doesn't mean you should disregard their rules.

Your attachment wasn't posted until Friday afternoon. I don't believe the help desk is working over the weekend and as you point out they may have more important problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                  Your attachment wasn't posted until Friday afternoon. I don't believe the help desk is working over the weekend and as you point out they may have more important problems.
                  But I do not remember attachments ever needed an approvement?

Comment

They have for some time now. I don't remember the first time I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                    X