Origin of M35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin of M35

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether or not the current available data suggests a Middle East origin for M35 or an East African?

Thanks much.

Originally posted by Rossi
    Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether or not the current available data suggests a Middle East origin for M35 or an East African?

Thanks much.
    Considering the current state of the science, one might well think that there are no definitive answers for this issue, for the time being.
    Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossi

Thanks much.
      Rusman,

It wouldn't surprise me if someone offers a definitive answer to your question in this forum. Maybe you should qualify your question as follows: "can anyone give a definitive and correct answer...."

But even phrasing your question like that there will always be persons who take scientific statements as holy writ and would even swear by such and such personalities. The best we can hope for in defining these genetic matters is scientific consensus and then learn to live with it.

Having said that, I don't have a definitive answer but I can offer an opinion.
      From the publicly available data I understand that M35 originated somewhere near the Horn of Africa. As to the mutations downstream from M35, the possibilities exist that those appeared elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X