mtDNA haplogroup H, sub-clade H1b???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA haplogroup H, sub-clade H1b???

My mtDNA HVR1 haplogroup is H and my mutations (16519C, 16189C, and 16356C) fairly clearly place me in sub-clade H1b.

My mother's female lineage is Swedish at least three generations back as far as I've been able to determine. While H1b is present in Sweden, according to the following paper it is far more prevalent in Latvia, Estonia, and certain Slavic countries. It is also predominant in a Uralic-speaking Asiatic tribe located in Western Siberia near the Ural Mountains.

Disuniting Uniformity: A Pied Cladistic Canvas of mtDNA Haplogroup H in Eurasia

Could somebody enlighten me as to what this means?

Any other H1bs out there?

mtDNA H haplogroup Project at FTDNA

Originally posted by NellieNobody
    My mtDNA HVR1 haplogroup is H and my mutations (16519C, 16189C, and 16356C) fairly clearly place me in sub-clade H1b.

My mother's female lineage is Swedish at least three generations back as far as I've been able to determine. While H1b is present in Sweden, according to the following paper it is far more prevalent in Latvia, Estonia, and certain Slavic countries. It is also predominant in a Uralic-speaking Asiatic tribe located in Western Siberia near the Ural Mountains.

Disuniting Uniformity: A Pied Cladistic Canvas of mtDNA Haplogroup H in Eurasia

Could somebody enlighten me as to what this means?

Any other H1bs out there?

I can't help you out on any H1b specifics but I have seen several other H1b haplogroup members listed in the mtH Haplogroup Project carried through FTDNA. Just go to SURNAME PROJECTS on FTDNA home page and scroll down to bottom at mtDNA projects and select the correct H group - select "join" and next click on the URL listing for the project and then wait for it to load up and you can view the membership of H1b. Perhaps you could contact one or more of these H1b members as to your specific questions.

You will not have truly joined until you physically select join on the final "results" page or the preceding "URL" page - you will initially be viewing this project only. Let me know if this doesn't work for you or if you have any further questions.

I am H1a with roots in Norway about as far back as yours in Sweden.

Bill Harvey

Comment

Hello

Hi Nellie
      Yes - there are others out there who are H1b

Me !!

Also, thank you Bill
      Your reply has helped me too

Comment

Working...
      X