Which test to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which test to use?

I apologize if I'm in the wrong thread or if this is a silly question - I'm very new to this and am looking to get my foot in the door, so to speak.

I recently read an article on the PBS piece on African Americans tracing their lineage back to particular tribes in Africa by submitting cells scraped from their cheek. Many results came back tracing them not only to Africa but to Native American, Asian and European countries as well.

While I am not of African descent, I'm very interested in doing this test and seeing what percentage I am of what, but can't seem to figure out which test to take and how to go about doing so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

I also saw that PBS special, it was very interesting!!!!! I just loved it when the one man found out that he was 50% black and 50% white.... what a story he has to tell

One thing I learned from that show is you never "really know" what you are. You say you are not of African decent... you my get a surprise LOL!!!

I wonder what I will do when my results come back, I know there will be certain people in my family who will probably not be happy with the results and I do not even know if I will share what the results with them. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Well, good luck on your adventure

Pamela

Comment

The test you reference is the AncestryByDNA 2.5 test from DNAPrint Genomics. Ethnoancestry is promising to release their version of an autosomal test this year. While not an admixture test like ABDNA or EA, you might also check-out DNATribes offering.

Tom

www.ancestrybydna.com
      www.ethnoancestry.com
      www.dnatribes.com

Comment

Working...
      X