Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victor
    Leo,

When you belong to more than one project, if you switch from one project to another in the combo-box selector you can get a different number of matches. Test it out yourself.

Victor
    Ok, thanks for the tip, it worked.
    Leo

Comment

Am waiting for both my refinement from 12 markers to 25 markers and my deep Subclade test for E3b, which I hope will give some more clues of my origin. Understood from this forum, especially from the thread Samaritan 12 Markers Y-DNA Near Matches that 12 markers matches can be misleading and the more markers you have the more accurate matches you get.

I get some 11/12 and 10/12 matches of jewish origin, but probably none 12/12 matches of jewish origin. I understood this doesn't mean anything yet. Anyhow, how is it the other way, people who know they are of jewish origin, can they also get 12/12 matches of none jewish origin, even so that out of their 12/12 matches none is of jewish origin? And can this also happen with more markers, like 25 or 37 markers? Anyone out there who happened to be in this situation?

Leo

Comment

I am waiting for a refinement from 12 to 37, due out around the 15th of May. I had one 12/12 match with someone in the Ukraine. The 11/12 and less had a broad swath of countries represented and quite a few Ashkenazi (and some Greek) in the "comments" part. My 12/12 didn't answer an e-mail and I don't see his name on this forum. Most of the countries listed were in southern and eastern Europe and a dozen or so (with perhaps a villanous masked wrestling background) were from "parts unknown." I actually expected more matches from Great Britain, where I was told my birth parents were from.

I won't try to make too many assumptions until the 37 is in. Just for fun I looked at the Rb1 side of things on "search by haplogroup". Their list went on forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Marttinen
          I am waiting for a refinement from 12 to 37, due out around the 15th of May. I had one 12/12 match with someone in the Ukraine. The 11/12 and less had a broad swath of countries represented and quite a few Ashkenazi (and some Greek) in the "comments" part. My 12/12 didn't answer an e-mail and I don't see his name on this forum. Most of the countries listed were in southern and eastern Europe and a dozen or so (with perhaps a villanous masked wrestling background) were from "parts unknown." I actually expected more matches from Great Britain, where I was told my birth parents were from. .
          I also expected more matches from Mexico or Spain, but I only got one of 104 11/12 matches and one of 231 10/12 matches from Spain in my RAO. Looks like my ancestors haven't been to long in Spain.

The posted RAO:s in the thread Jewish Ancestry--Am I a Cohen? gave quite good answer to my question. In my RAO I find some Ashkenazies, but no Sephardis, so I probably don't descend from Sephards. But better wait for the test results before I make any conclusions.

I won't try to make too many assumptions until the 37 is in. Just for fun I looked at the Rb1 side of things on "search by haplogroup". Their list went on forever.
          Haven't seen this Rb1 side. You could post it, in case I am not able to look it up.

Leo

Comment

I had one 12/12 match with someone in the Ukraine.
            Just for fun I looked at the Rb1 side of things on "search by haplogroup".
            An R1b in Ukraine is rather unusual, unless that person is descended from the Khazars (a medieval empire in which the leadership converted to Judaism).

Comment

I won't try to make too many assumptions until the 37 is in. Just for fun I looked at the Rb1 side of things on "search by haplogroup". Their list went on forever
              Originally posted by LeoLoS
              Haven't seen this Rb1 side. You could post it, in case I am not able to look it up.
              Ok, I misunderstood side as site. You mean "search by haplogroup" from Ysearch of course.

Comment

Yes--as you can see I'm at the stage of "ruling out" certain scenerios. Still, there's a lot to speculate on. My RAO's don't seem to include a lot of Viking He-Men but there's always the possiblilty of the hoary nephilim, descendants of Anak (Numbers 13:33).

Interestingly, there are some 2-step mutations from Galicia, Spain, Puerto Rico and Guatemala in my RAO. The one-steps, however, come from Russia, Ukraine, Serbia (recent) and France. Germany holds 7 2-step mutations. I wonder if it is more significant to have 7 2-steps from one country rather than, say one 1-step (or total match) from another?

Comment

Interestingly, there are some 2-step mutations from Galicia, Spain, Puerto Rico and Guatemala in my RAO. The one-steps, however, come from Russia, Ukraine, Serbia (recent) and France. Germany holds 7 2-step mutations. I wonder if it is more significant to have 7 2-steps from one country rather than, say one 1-step (or total match) from another?
                  You maybe also should check out how big percentage your matches make.
                  For instance, I have
                  32 2-step matches from England (7974), that makes 0.4%
                  46 2-step matches from Germany (3474), that makes 1.3%
                  24 2-step matches from Italy (804), that makes 3.0%
                  1 2-step match from Spain (823), that makes 0.12% and so on...

it gives you some relative figures, but one 2-step match I got from Tadjikistan (1) would then give me 100% , the numbers tested should be big enough. With Excel you can get it easily done and sorted. But don't trust these figures too much.

Comment

mtdna H* exact matches with H13

I'm H* (had sub-clade test).

I am in contact with an H13 individual whose mutations are the same as mine.
                    HVR1 - 16519C
                    HVR2 - 263G
                    309.1C
                    315.1C

Regarding the most recent ancestor that we share; - are my exact matches with H13 as significant as the exact matches in my own H*?

Susannah

Comment

mtdna H* exact matches with H13

HVR1 - 16519C
                      HVR2 - 263G
                      309.1C
                      315.1C

Regarding the most recent ancestor that we share; - are my exact matches with H13 as significant as the exact matches in my own H*?

Susannah

Comment

Originally posted by Susannah

HVR1 - 16519C
                        HVR2 - 263G
                        309.1C
                        315.1C

Susannah
                        my sons got this and tons of matches about 2033 Matches were found,
                        H7 519C 263G,315.1C

H7 and h13 got around

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim Denning]my sons got this and tons of matches about 2033 Matches were found,
                          H7 519C 263G,315.1C

Are these 2033 all high resolution matches?

With HVR1 results only, I had 2017 matches. It was overwhelming!

After my HVR2 results, the number of matches dropped to 101.

Susannah

Comment

Both of you are lucky to have so many matches. I have no matches for my H*. The closest I have are 5 people who have 4 out of the 5 HVR1 mutations I have.

Comment

Ragnar, what are your HVR1 mutations?

Where are your ancestral origins? - if you know.

Do you plan to test for HVR2?

This H sub-clade business really has me going; there are just *so* many.

I keep wondering if and when the time comes that I get an assigned sub-clade - with numbers and all that good stuff, will it "tuck in" somewhere among those already known, or be more "recent."

I don't like this feeling of "dangling." But at least I have lots of good company!

Susannah

Comment

My H* are at HVR1 - 93C,129A,278T,316G,519C. HVR2 - 263G,315.1C. I have been unable to upload my HVR2 results to mitosearch. I just joined the H group page last week & there are no matches there either. Origins may be German or British. One partial match on mitosearch has 4 mutations at HVR1 & both of my 2 at HVR2 plus one other mutation. Oh well. If & when I do get a complete match I hope it's not someone I already know of.

Comment

Working...
                                X