No Mutations on HVR2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mutations on HVR2?

I recently did the mtDNA refinement test on my HVR1 results and I came out H1b. While I show mutations 189C, 207G, 356C, 497G, and 519C for HVR1, it did not show any mutations for HVR2. Is this possible? I thought the refinement test was the correct one to get HVR2 results, but maybe there is still another test I need to take? I am confused. Can anyone help? I am so new to this!

Cindy

Originally posted by ~Cindy~
    I recently did the mtDNA refinement test on my HVR1 results and I came out H1b. While I show mutations 189C, 207G, 356C, 497G, and 519C for HVR1, it did not show any mutations for HVR2. Is this possible? I thought the refinement test was the correct one to get HVR2 results, but maybe there is still another test I need to take? I am confused. Can anyone help? I am so new to this!

Cindy
    i think this means hrv2 is the same as the crs standard

Comment

So does this mean that I am only related to others who have no mutations on HVR2?

Comment

You are much more likely to be related to others with no mutations in HVR2 and even more likely to be related to those who, in addition, have the same HVR 1 mutations. I saw another results like yours - HVR 2 CRS with HVR 1 mutations on Kerchner's blog - www.mtdnalog.org. Think that odd as HVR 2 seems the region with more mutations generally.

Comment

Working...
        X