Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior gene

hi,

i just received my warrior gene results, and it says i have the 3 repeat variant.
    can someone explain to me how ftdna tests this gene as opposed to 23andme for example? because from what I've read these 2 companies test it differently.

thanks everyone

As fas as I know FTDNA is the only company that tests this in the proper way. 23andme only gives SNPs which can predict the result.

(PS, just curious: what was your batch nr?)

Comment

Promethease

Anyone ever used this free software. It said I would have to pay $5 dollars, but then as I ran it said it was $2 if I wanted to run faster. I paid zero and the thing ran forever and created a nice large book with a lot of things as this warrior gene and other bunch of stuff. You can look online for more information. I thought it was interesting and the price was pretty good for my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Hneel View Post
        As fas as I know FTDNA is the only company that tests this in the proper way. 23andme only gives SNPs which can predict the result.

(PS, just curious: what was your batch nr?)

batch 596

Comment

warrior gene

Promethease does not check the warrior gene. It only looks at an SNP which they say is a "proxy" for the warrior gene. It can only attempt to predict what you have, but it has proven to be very inaccurate at this. The warrior gene is based on variable number tandem repeats on the x chromosome, and the family finder test only tests snps.

Comment

Originally posted by kss View Post
            hi,

i just received my warrior gene results, and it says i have the 3 repeat variant.
            can someone explain to me how ftdna tests this gene as opposed to 23andme for example? because from what I've read these 2 companies test it differently.

thanks everyone
            I also have this but have no idea what it means if anything.
            Can someone explain this?

Comment

Warrior gene

Here is a good explanation.
              http://dna-explained.com/2013/06/16/the-warrior-gene/

Comment

Originally posted by AngeliaR View Post
                Short, but official FTDNA explanation
                https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...ts-will-learn/
                What are Factoid tests? What will I learn? (Look at the last item.)

I wish they had written more.

W.

Comment

Working...
                X