Exact match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact match

I have several "exact matches" What does that mean? All are not my surname.

How many markers did you get tested for?

Comment

Exact match

37 and have ordered 67

Comment

The 67 marker results will be helpful if your matches have tested out to 67 markers. Have they? How far back does your genealogy go? Do your matches have family trees or a most distant ancestor to the early 1700s or before that? Do they have an SNP listed in the Terminal SNP column?

Comment

exact match

Still waiting for the 67 kit. My Carr family goes back to 1790, where I am stuck.

Comment

How far back does the genealogy go for your matches?

Do your exact matches have Y-DNA67 in the same column as the TiP icon?

Comment

Exact Matches

Most do not list pedigrees and those that do go back only about 4. A few show 67

Comment

So now you need to figure out if the ones that have a pedigree further back than 4 generations match the ones that do and if they have the same surname or not. In order to do that you have to find out if they are in a project and/or in Ysearch in do a cross reference.

You also need to figure out if the ones that haven't had a 67 marker test have the same surname as the ones that haven't had a 67 marker test.

You haven't answered if an SNP is listed in the Terminal SNP column of your matches.

All of the above determines the answer to your very first question and what you will be able to find out. Leaving out answers inhibits people from being able to help you.

Comment

Exact Match

37 markers, 27 matches, 4 with terminal snp 2-m269, 2 L21
                  My entire database consists of 9 groups.
                  None of the matches are my surname.

Comment

Originally posted by Discoverydave View Post
                    37 markers, 27 matches, 4 with terminal snp 2-m269, 2 L21
                    My entire database consists of 9 groups.
                    None of the matches are my surname.
                    I was trying to see if there was a way to determine who had the NPE. Whether it was your line or theirs and how many of them are more closely related. There is too little information to determine that. The lack of matches that have ordered a Y-DNA67 test and SNP tests is partly the cause.

Have you joined a haplogroup project and contacted the admins to see if they can help in some way? They can see your matches and all of the other info I was asking you about which gives them a better idea what's going on.
                    Last edited by Armando; 5 November 2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Exact match

Thanks Armando. Will wait until 67 test is completed. Another question, do they send out a new kit for the 67 testing?

Comment

No, they use the same samples you sent in already for all of your DNA tests that you order until the samples have been depleted at which point they automatically send out a new kit to the address on file.

Comment

Working...
                        X