Paleoindian YDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleoindian YDNA

Are there any works out there, either published or non-published, on Paleindian, or Paleoamerican YDNA? Are there any research teams currently conducting research in this area?

Hello. I am Native American Indian. What I understand is that the Native Peoples of American have A,B,C,D, or X Haplotypes. I would imagine this is true of PaleoPeoples too. There were tests done on the recently discovered Kennewick Man and the results were inconclusive for DNA. The skeleton was more European than Paleo Indain but it is dated at around 8,000BCE when no Europeans were supposed to be in what would later become Washington State.
    My personal experience has been that, even though I am a documented American Indian, neither my YDNA or mtDNA showed any Indian DNA markers. I had my autosomal DNA tested and there it was. I guess I would advise Native descendants not to become disheartened if mtDNA and YDNA doesn't show our "Indian-ness". Keep looking
    Best Wishes,
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by dominiquepicq
      Are there any works out there, either published or non-published, on Paleindian, or Paleoamerican YDNA? Are there any research teams currently conducting research in this area?

Go to the following thread and you'll find links to some studies:
      http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1317

Comment

Working...
      X