D9S919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9S919

I just got my D9S919 results back and they are 14-17, what does that mean to me??? How or where do I interpret these results?? I have read that if your value is 9 that you are or possibly have Native American ancestry, if not it does not prove or dis-proves Native American.

I have taken three different DNA test Ancestry, NATGEO 2.0, and FTDNA. All three test confirm some degree of Native American, but yet my value is not 9. Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

D9S919 is present in only around 30% of the Native Americans. So about 70% do not have it.
    Source: http://www.isogg.org/wiki/D9S919
    (Follow the link to Schroeder et al. A private allele ubiquitous in the Americas.)

Comment

D9S919

Thanks, but how do I interpret what 14-17 is? What does it mean??

Frank

Comment

There is no known interpretation for those/your values.

The result 14-17 for D9S919 means for you, that you are more like most (70%) Native Americans. Only 30% of Native Americans have value of 9 there.

P.S. My apologies, I left out crucial words (now added in bold) in my previous post, the relevant part should read
        D9S919 with the value of 9 is present in only around 30% of the Native Americans. So about 70% do not have it.

Comment

Working...
        X