Batch 587, almost done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 587, almost done?

Today I noticed that FTDNA updated my son's page after logging in, 2 weeks ago his results were to be finished in 1-2 weeks. It say's that his 37 and 25 panels are completed but are waiting on 12 and no predicted Haplogroup has been posted yet.

It's been 4 years since I had my husband (who is not my son's biological father) tested and I can't remember when they post what but if I remember correctly they posted his 12 first and gave a predicted Haplogroup while the rest of the results were being awaited upon??

I also have a Y-37 test in Batch 587 that is now showing panels 25 and 37 are complete. Like your son's - the 12 panel is not finished yet, and no predicted Haplogroup has been posted. I'm glad I read your post, or would have missed this update!

This does seem unusual to get results out of order, but still encouraging to see something after 6 weeks of waiting!!

Comment

Originally posted by RondaMiller View Post
      Today I noticed that FTDNA updated my son's page after logging in, 2 weeks ago his results were to be finished in 1-2 weeks. It say's that his 37 and 25 panels are completed but are waiting on 12 and no predicted Haplogroup has been posted yet.

It's been 4 years since I had my husband (who is not my son's biological father) tested and I can't remember when they post what but if I remember correctly they posted his 12 first and gave a predicted Haplogroup while the rest of the results were being awaited upon??
      Yes, that's the way the kit I administer for two cousins and also my husband's, were posted. First the 12 marker, then the 25 markers and lastly the 37 markers. These all posted within a week one right after another. The haplogroup was posted with the very first set of markers.

I've just done a cousin's 67 marker test. He's in batch 587 also. It's been two months. The 38 - 46 markers posted over a week ago and then a couple days later the 61 - 67 markers posted. Now, a week later (and almost into two months waiting) the 47 - 60 markers haven't posted. Why would the middle markers not post?
      Last edited by Tenn4ever; 29 October 2014, 09:46 PM. Reason: addition to text

Comment

I am surprised to have had these move along so quickly however it is odd to have results post as complete and then still have 12 markers out and then no predicted Haplogroup....

If I don't see anything new by next Monday I will email customer support

Comment

*Update

Curiosity got the better of me and I contacted Customer Support - apparently my son's 25 & 37 marker tests completed before the 12 marker one did. They do like to complete these tests in order: 12 then 25 etc however sometimes that just doesn't work out.

My son's last test is running on time so next week I will have his results.

Comment

Originally posted by RondaMiller View Post
            [----] I contacted Customer Support - apparently my son's 25 & 37 marker tests completed before the 12 marker one did. They do like to complete these tests in order: 12 then 25 etc however sometimes that just doesn't work out. [----]
            If that were true, that would be a substantial change!

Except for the Y-DNA12 test which is a single run, all other tests for Y-DNA markers are divided into panels (predetermined sets of markers). Tests are done in parallel on all the panels covering in total the ordered markers. Testing of each set of markers/panel is entirely independent from the other tests.

Panels might finish at the same time. But there are very many reasons for a delay of any one of them...

Y-DNA12 might finish first most of the time, but all the tests are started at the same time. Possibly the person from the Support meant to relay to you his or her observation about the Y-DNA12 results being available first, but used an incorrect wording and implied that the tests are done in order...

Elise, could please clarify/confirm/deny, if you read this post?

Comment

Working...
            X