Question: Backbone SNP test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Backbone SNP test

I've just got my results from FTDNA, but they couldn't identify my haplogroup and ask me to pay more to make a Backbone SNP test:

"Haplogroup Test: we are unable to suggest a haplogroup based on your matches, however you may order a SNP test to identify your haplogroup. The Backbone SNP test will test you for all of the major haplogroups (A to R) and determine which one you belong to. The cost to identify your haplogroup is $65. Order a Backbone SNP test to determine your haplogroup."

I don't mind spending extra money in order to know my Haplogroup, but I was wondering if they'll tell me only my Haplogroup or they'll identify a subclade as well.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Originally posted by Irubak
    I've just got my results from FTDNA, but they couldn't identify my haplogroup and ask me to pay more to make a Backbone SNP test:

"Haplogroup Test: we are unable to suggest a haplogroup based on your matches, however you may order a SNP test to identify your haplogroup. The Backbone SNP test will test you for all of the major haplogroups (A to R) and determine which one you belong to. The cost to identify your haplogroup is $65. Order a Backbone SNP test to determine your haplogroup."

I don't mind spending extra money in order to know my Haplogroup, but I was wondering if they'll tell me only my Haplogroup or they'll identify a subclade as well.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
    From what I understand, if they have an available SNP Test for a subclade, they will also test for the subclade. I was told that if you test for Haplogroup I, they will do the subclade tests for I as a complimentary service. However, since it's 'complimentary', they treat the test as low priority and so this may take alot of time to actually get the results. I don't know if they do this for 'non I haplogroups'.

Comment

Thanks! The predictor at the

https://home.comcast.net/~whitathey/hapest2/hapest2.htm

assigns me equally to I1b or J haplogroups, so probably, I'm gonna give a try to the SNP test.

Comment

Look at REO

Try looking at your matches in REO database, they should tell, no point waste money.

Comment

Thanks, Noaide!

Unfortunately I dont' have any matches in REO database...

Considering that the predictor assigns me equally to J and I Haplogroups, I was thinking maybe I belong to that new snp IJ-S22?!...

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2006/01...logroup-i.html

Comment

haplotype?

What is your haplotype and perhaps we can take a look to help you sort it out. Thanks,

Phil

Comment

Yes, there must also be available research paper describing your STR profile. This way I am quite sure I belong to hg N3.

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies! Here is my Haplotype:

Locus DYS# Alleles

1 393 11
                2 390 24
                3 19* 15
                4 391 10
                5 385a 10
                6 385b 14
                7 426 11
                8 388 13
                9 439 11