which build to upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which build to upload

I want to upload my raw data to GedMatch. Which build do I use--36 or 37? And, what is the difference?

Thank you,
    Kimmer

Kimmer, when you are logged in to GEDmatch, and click "FTDNA Family Finder" under the File Uploads section, it takes you to a page entitled "GEDmatch Data Upload for FTDNA raw DNA data files." There is a link just below the title, for more detailed upload directions. That link takes you to another GEDmatch page, "FTDNA DNA Upload - Uploading FTDNA data to Gedmatch."

To finally answer your question, it says at that last page that "You must download both Build 36 Autosomal Raw Data and Build 36 X Chromosome Raw Data." If you happen to be using a Mac, click on the link on the same page to read more about Macintosh files.

As for the difference between Builds 36 and 37, someone more knowledgeable than I am will need to explain it, but I think of it as having basically all your same information, only in a newer format. GEDmatch prefers the older format. Someone will correct me on that if I'm way off-base.

Comment

Working...
    X