Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another dumb question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another dumb question

    Hello!

    I got an email today and it shows on my profile that the Family Finder DNA test was received.... now what does that mean? The email I got made it seem like it was received by the lab but it still says pending on that. When should I start my count on when I should possibly get results?

  • #2
    It generally takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks from when lab assigns you a batch number

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by prairielad View Post
      It generally takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks from when lab assigns you a batch number
      Thank you for the help! I'll wait for my batch number and kind of ignore the received message for now

      Comment


      • #4
        New kits are normally batched on Wednesdays. Today is Wednesdays. I'd check this evening or in the morning to see if a kit number has been assigned.

        You can start counting after that, but the length of time before you see results will depend on which test you ordered, load at the lab and if they have any problems obtaining your results.

        An upgrade from Y-DNA12 to Y-DNA37, for a kit I manage was batched 4 Sep 2014. I'm still waiting for the results.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KellieG18 View Post
          I got an email today and it shows on my profile that the Family Finder DNA test was received.... now what does that mean? The email I got made it seem like it was received by the lab but it still says pending on that. When should I start my count on when I should possibly get results?
          An email is sent when the FTDNA office receives your kit and checks it into the system. That's the email you received.

          After received by the office and checked-in, your samples will go to the lab. You won't receive an email for this step.

          The next email you receive will be notification that your test is complete, hopefully within 3-4 weeks (very unlikely to take only 2 weeks).

          Elise
          Last edited by efgen; 1 October 2014, 11:07 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by efgen View Post
            An email is sent when the FTDNA office receives your kit and checks it into the system. That's the email you received.

            After received by the office and checked-in, your samples will go to the lab. You won't receive an email for this step.

            The next email you receive will be notification that your test is complete, hopefully within 3-4 weeks (very unlikely to take only 2 weeks).

            Elise

            Ah thank you! I hadn't received a batch number yet but when I looked and see it says received and received by lab I wasn't sure if i should start the 4 week count!

            Comment


            • #7
              Put no stock in the time estimates FTDNA gives out; they are rarely accurate and often wildly optimistic. There's a good chance you'll have your results in a few weeks, but chances are equally as good that you'll be waiting six months or more.

              You'll get your results when you get your results, and there will be no meaningful or accurate updates along the way. Good luck.

              Comment

              Working...
              X