Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any post hoc medical analysis besides Promethease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any post hoc medical analysis besides Promethease?

Since the FDA barred 23andMe from offering medical analysis of DNA, it seems like Promethease is the only game in town for post hoc analysis of (autosomal) data from genealogy-spurred DNA results.

Is anyone familiar with other services, possibly outside the US, which offer such analyses, possibly with mtDNA and or yDNA rather than just autosomal?

Just to note, I'm not sure how much trust I have Promethease's results, especially since my anti-virus softeware warned of a Trojan in the desktop version's download from the SNPedia site. (I instead ran the $5 online browser-based version without any such issues.)

Best list I have seen is at http://www.23andyou.com/3rdparty

I don't think you have many options. Enlis Genomics had a great free analysis tool , but it is no longer offered as the Beta has been "coming" for many years now. I think they realized they can charge big $$$$ to companies for these tools instead of dealing with consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by RDickinson View Post
      Since the FDA barred 23andMe from offering medical analysis of DNA, it seems like Promethease is the only game in town for post hoc analysis of (autosomal) data from genealogy-spurred DNA results.

snip.................

Just to note, I'm not sure how much trust I have Promethease's results, snip............
      I'd not place too much store on either Promethease's or 23andMe results. I'd think the results are skewed by the database and surveys they use. A bit of a best guess scenario just like the My Origins and other admixture results.

Comment

Working...
      X